1st Consumer Nat'l Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Wanda, Oct 6, 2000.

1. Wanda

Wanda Guest

Recieved a letter for secure card with a 100.00 deposit.Has anyone applied for this secure card with a 100.00 deposit? What would be the available credit limit? $100.00? doesn't seem logical considering after annual fee is subtracted,wouldn't be much of a credit limit.Has anyone applied and is this Bank reputable?

2. Michael

Michael Guest

This bank is proabably the most reputable bank in the sub prime lot.

They offer you a card with $100.00 to get you started, but obviously you can add $$ to it and build up your credit.

3. lostinplac

lostinplac Guest

Hi Everyone,
    I received a partially-secured pre-approval from FCNB for a 200% credit line on whatever I sent in as a deposit and was just wondering. Do all of FCNB secured, partially-secured and unsecured credit cards, have the two-cycle billing or do some have average daily balances for calculating finance charges? Thanks in advance, lostinplace

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I believe they have a 25 day grace period. They do not use the 2 cycle billing method which is good. They are reputable bank with good customer service.

5. Parrot

Parrot Guest

yep they sure are. And they give great credit increases too. I have three accounts with them :) No problems. I reccommend them

6. Tom

Tom Guest

Do they report all three accounts to CRA ?

7. lostinplac

lostinplac Guest

Thanks everyone for their comments, but, if all of FCNB's credit cards have the two-cycle billing, rather than average daily balance, that really can't be a good thing for those who carry a balance, can it? Respectfully, lostinplace

8. Parrot

Parrot Guest

yes they sure do :)

9. ron becker

ron becker Guest

The two cycle only comes into play when yu dont pay your balance off before the grace period. Other then that it is on the avg daily balance..

10. lostinplac

lostinplac Guest

Thanks Ron, for the clarification. lostinplace