1st dispute w/Equifax, 10 Deletions

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Andrew, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

I had recently submitted an online dispute with Equifax and was surprised to get 10 deletions out of 11 disputed listings!

Can I send Equifax's findings to TransUnion to update my report they have on file? Is this the proper method, or do i have to dispute with TransUnion for the same listings?

2. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

TU doesn't care what Equifax has on you. Never share info that one CRA has on you with another CRA. It can only backfire.

Tom

3. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

So, how am i supposed to do this?

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

dispute the remaning item with equifax at least 5 more times. Space it out over the next 5 months..

TU has the same online dispute system, not as high tech as equifax. Then do the same with experian!!

Rock on! You are kicking some butt!

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Why wait for 5 or 6 months to get the job done?

You got rid of a bunch real easy, but the best way to get rid of the rest is to go after the collection agencies and creditors, force them to eat the debt so you don't owe it anymore and then the credit bureaus will have to quit reporting it.

One way is spamming the credit bureaus to death and the other way is to get rid of the whole thing once and for all.

6. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

Do you know how it affected your score?

7. bfllover

bfllover Well-Known Member

what were you disputing -inquiries,lates,collections.I have read alot of success with online dispute for inquiries,, but does anyone get lates deleted with the online system.I disputed 4 on exp--2 came back verified within 5 days--penneys and chrysler--still waiting (3 weeks) on B of A and wells fargo

8. PuuOoPaul

PuuOoPaul Well-Known Member

bbaur please explain

Bill,

This is the second time I've seen you right this:

"...but the best way to get rid of the rest is to go after the collection agencies and creditors, force them to eat the debt so you don't owe it anymore and then the credit bureaus will have to quit reporting it..."

What do you mean by "force them to eat the debt"? And even if its not due and owing anymore isn't the cra still going to report the information till the sol runs?

Mahalo,
    PuuOoPaul

9. PuuOoPaul

PuuOoPaul Well-Known Member

Re: bbaur please explain

right = write

$@%@

10. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Re: bbaur please explain

Part of the settlement agreement one should make with the creditor/CA after they have been legally forced to forgive "eat" the debt is that they will also demand that the credit bureaus remove the adverse listing in writing.

Armed with that letter from the creditor/collector one then writes to the credit bureau(s) demanding that the listing be removed completely and totally.

They have no choice since the creditor/collector states in writing that no debt is owed.

It will be as though the debt never existed in the first place. The creditor/collector must also take active steps to remove the listing at the same time you are making your demand that they do so.

You simply have to build that paper trail with which to force it to be done.

Credit bureaus then have no alternative but to comply.

Unless they want to get sued, of course.

11. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

I was diputing Collection Accounts, Charge Off's and Defaulted Student Loans.

12. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Puu..just a note..you mentioned reporting it "until the SOL runs." They can report it past the SOL up until 7 years from the date of last activity. Just wanted to clarify. :)

13. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone!

I have just begun my second round of online disputes with Equifax. Damn I hope those student loans go bye-bye for good. I had 6 Student loans (5 from PHEAA and one from Mellon Bank) removed, but still have 5 duplicate accounts from PHEAA hanging in thereâ??all last reported 06/97 with false informaton. They were paid off 04/01 thru federal consolidation. I hope they just go away. I hope.