1st National Credit - Real/Fak

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeG, Dec 11, 2000.

1. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

just wanted to know if someone ever heard of First National Credit. I received a letter stating I have been PreApproved for a gold card of $15,000. Is this one of those catalogs cards that you cant use anywhere else?

Thanks for you help.

Mike G.

2. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

RE: 1st National Credit - Real

Hi Mike

Yes, It's one of those catalog cards. I got the offer today too.

I trashed it,

Kelly

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Scam- burn it

Nuff said. I hate these people, they must prey on folks who've been declined because my family never gets them !!

4. river

river Well-Known Member

SAM...GET A LIFE DUDE!!!!

How could you hate these people,much less,know it's a scam,if you don't know these people.You said,my family never gets them. You forgot to finish the sentence sam: you must be that black sheep in the family that did get'em.Pot shouldn't call the kettle black.Just a little humor with a drip of sarcasm? Let the truth be known.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: SAM...

wtf dude?

I said they are a scam, and that they must prey on folks who've been declined.

What are you reading into? I have never admitted i have good credit.

My family (who does have perfect cred), doesnt get them at the same address.

So?

whats your prob dude?

6. river

river Well-Known Member

;>)

SMILE!!!

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Sam,
    ALMOST everyone here has a credit problem, had a credit problem or looking to have better credit. For those with past credit problems, your comment could be taken kind of arrogant- "My family never gets those offers". Of course people with perfect credit are not going to get prime offers. People with troubled credit are going to get limited prime offers and definitely no serious prime offers. We are all lucky to have plastic at all with our bad credit. Thank God for secured cards and starting points. Some of us are farther along than others. People often take my comments and run wild. I try to be very careful what I type. But I still get my head bit off from time to time. Having bad credit is not a crime. If it was we would go bk as a country building more prisons. My point is I would like to offer this word of advise. Stop and think before you post. You are very opinionated- like myself. You must either change the tone of your responses or spend alot of time responding to attacks on your post. This is such a touchy subject. Hang in there!

roni

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Trust me i in no way meant to offend anyone; I know where i am , and its not pretty yet, but if my tones were misundersood, my apologies..

My point was that place was a scam, and prey on folks.

9. river

river Well-Known Member

You should know how us southerns are.We get affended very easily.Georgia bumpkin from Augusta here

10. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: ATL here :)

:)

ATL ATL ATL :)

11. Saar

Saar Banned

RE: 1st National Credit - Real

Mike G wrote:
    "Is this one of those catalogs cards that you cant use anywhere else? "

There's a very easy way to tell. Read the offer carefully. If it doesn't say "Visa" or "Mastercard", it's neither one of them.

But whatever the letter says, legit banks normally won't offer an initial limit that high to anyone, unless their credit score is unusually high.

Personally, I won't take any card that hasn't been thoroughly discussed here or on other boards. I like to know who I'm doing business with before I send them any money.

Saar

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

NC- born and raised.

here.

roni

13. Carrot

Carrot Guest

RE: NC- born and raised.

Where in NC? I'm from a small, hell-like town right at the VA-NC border.

14. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Philly girl

Yes born and raised in Philly, aren't you surprised I am so nice LOL:)

15. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

RE: Hey there GA folks...

...north Atlanta here. And I was just over in Augusta last weekend, using my dear old Capital one card...LOL.

Back from four miserable days of flu,
    Cindy

16. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: NC- born and raised.

Naw! I am deep country. Sampson County. Nuthin but 'bacca' (that's tobacco for you northerns).

roni