1st Premier Bank- Default

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erica, Apr 26, 2001.

1. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

In reading my card agreement, I find the following unsettling:

DEFAULT: You will be in default of this contract if any of the following occur:
    -You do not make a minimum payment on your credit account on or before the payment due date.
    -you die or become legally incompetent.
    -You become insolvent or bankrupt.
    -You exceed or attempt to exceed your credit limit.
    -You provide us with or have provided us with false or misleading information or signatures at any time.
    -you fail to comply with contract.
    -You fail to make any payment or perform any promise in any agreement or obligation you have with us.
    -Any judgement, lein, attachment or execution is issued against you or your property.
    -You request an excessive number of replacement cards.
    -We reasonably deem the prospect of repayment of your credit account to be in jeopardy for any reason.

Upon your default, we will have all remedies provided by law including, without limitation, the right to close or refuse to renew your account, demand the return of your card, declare your entire balance immediately due and payable, initiate collection activity, all without prior notice or demand. To the extent permitted by applicable lae, you must pay any collection costs, including reasonable attorney's fees, the costs of placing you in the Warning Bulletin, and the costs of confiscating your card, that we incur as a result of your default.

In my opinion, all of those actions and remedies will be a little hard for a dead person to pay upon. I guess I won't die without planning to tell them first!

Erica

2. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

1st Premier sucks: bad cs, no increases worth mentioning, bilking of million of customers just to open an account. Just add this to the list.