1st Premier - WHAT A JOKE !!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by joem, Feb 17, 2001.

1. joem

joem Guest

I was recently approved for this crappy card. What is the criteria these people use in determining credit linits.
    First of all they sent me TWO of their crap cards. Both with $250 linits nad each coming with $175.00 in fees.
    Just a little history. Last week I was approved for $19K auto loan, the smallest credit limit on ANY of my MC/VISA is $3,100.
    I can't wait to call theses morans today and tell them what I think of their card.
    However, I am concrened that I am responsible for the two bills they sent me for the cards each for $175.00.
    Any thoughts? I would never use these cards and I intend on sending them back with a letter telling them to pound sand. But I do not need any negatives on my report and I hope theses scumbags don't report me if I do not pay.

2. joem

joem Guest

RE: 1st Premier - WHAT A JOKE

sorry about the horrible spelling in the prior post. I wrote it quickly with steam pouring out of my ears.

3. richard

richard Guest

Hiya -

Its not first premiers fault that you applied for 2 of their cards without reading the disclosures. Moreover, why in the world would you apply w/ them anyway? They are a subprime bank and their maximum initial credit limit is 1000 dollars unless you apply for a secured card.

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Some people apply for cards like these because they are either building or re-building their credit.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Call them ask for them to cancel both cards and refund all fees.

UNITED FIRST CARD (VISA) before it was (FIRST USA) tried to give me a credit limit of $500!!!

At the time my lowest credit line was $5,000.
    I sent the card back in about 100 pieces!!!

6. joem

joem Guest

Richard, not true re the initial credit offering.
    I admit it was stupid to sign the very short app. However, the disclosure highlighted $3,500-5,000 in credit. Assuming that $3,500 would be the minimum, I thought it a good deal.
    In hindsight, I should have read the small print. I'm am just totally blown away by the fees and minimal credit line. It seems as if this Co is designed to rip you off.
    BTW, they do not have Cust Serv during the weekend.
    What a departure from Citibank, Chase and for that matter, Aria.

7. joem

joem Guest

George,
    Did you have a hard time disputing the fees while you canceled?
    Thanks for the input.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NEVER HAD 1st Premier...

Just remember other posts from people who did have that card or simular cards...as far as I know you should have NO problems, I HOPE.