1st USA discontinues Dell VISA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Hope, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

My bf got a letter yesterday saying "thanks sucker for using the Dell Platinum VISA for the past year to earn Dell bucks toward a computer, but we're discontinuing it. "

Letter went on to say that they'd be sending him an "e.Card Platinum VISA" to replace it, by which he could earn 5% from certain of their obscure partners (which he NEVER uses). And also that the Dell bucks he's earned so far are good until Sept 2002, BUT can only be used toward buying an entire system.

So, basically the measely $125 Dell bucks he's earned is piffle (unless Dell computer systems come down that much by next year this time!)

I told him to call them up and ask for the Titanium and skip over that e.Card crap.

2. Struggler

Struggler Well-Known Member

Hope:

Sorry this has happened to you. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger (Rangeress?), because here is some info from other folks like you and me who have had it with First USA:

http://members.tripod.com/~FUSA1

Yes, I've posted this link before and I'll continue to post it until something is done about these criminals.

3. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Thanks struggler. It wasn't our best card, so it's no great loss. I just feel bad for my bf who is so enamored of Dell.

Good thing he'd recently purchased a Dell anyway.

Thanks for the kind words.

4. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Struggler-thanks for the link. Due to a medical condition that caused a reduction in work hours I had to file BK last year. FUSA has me over 120 days late after the discharge and has the BK petition filed in Feb. 2001 when it was filed 8/00 and discharged 11/00. I currently have a cert letter I sent to them recently that they signed for. If this does not get reported correctly, I will be suing them. It is not only a FCRA violation, it is also a bankruptcy law violation.

5. Struggler

Struggler Well-Known Member

You know what's even worse? They've had everyone "agree" to use THEIR arbitrators before you can sue them by hiding the "agreement" in their statements. Watch out for that. If you've made a payment or used the card since they sent out the arbitration notices hidden in other paperwork, then you've legally agreed to this sham. I'm not sure how long ago this was.

6. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Hopefully it was recent because I have not had any activity on my account since 7/00 (payments). They have two more weeks and then I will pursue this further.