2.99% Fleet Titanium Visa

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, Jun 4, 2001.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I have a 15.87% platinum card with a 5.90% teaser rate that expired, so I paid it off...I called for another teaser rate they said they have NOTHING...so I found on CREDITNET.COM
    [2.99% Fleet Titanium with a "GO TO" 12.99% rate].

I ASKED TO "TRADE" THEY SAID "NO"...THEY SAID I CAN "APPLY, GET THE NEW ACCOUNT AND CLOSE THE OLD ACCOUNT", SO I DID...NOW I THINK I WILL JUST BE DENIED BECAUSE I ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT.

THIS TIME I HAVE A NAME OF THE LADY I SPOKE TO...FOR ALL THE GOOD THAT WILL DO...
    FOR ALL I KNOW THEY HAVE A LIST OF NAMES TO USE ON A SHEET OF PAPER, NEW CUSTOMER NEW NAME...

DENIAL???

2. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

If you are denied credit, it won't be because your already have an account. I currently have 2 accounts with Fleet.

3. mj

mj Well-Known Member

I think you should talk to retention-- my Fleet Plat. is at 10.1% right now - formerly 7.99 "fixed". The variable is something over LIBOR and it changes based on highest LIBOR rate over last 3 months.

I called and they offered me 5.9 for 6 months on all purchases.

Fleet is totally risk-averse, and they are also totally risk-priced. The lower your score, the higher your rate.

BTW- they are currently offering (here in Mass.) 1.9 for 6 months then libor+6.470% (floor of 12.99 for Fleet Bank customers, 14.99 for non-Fleet Bank customers).

For what it's worth - the # to call on that offer is 800-CALL-FLEET and the "Job#" to request are:

Fusion Visa - Fleet Customer #603P
    Platinun Visa - Fleet Customer #603N
    Fusion Visa - Non Fleet Customer #607U
    Platinum Visa - Non Fleet Customer #607T

Fine print - all rates subject to credit approval, other rates may apply, blah blah blah.

-mj