2 Cards-One bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Debmac, Aug 10, 2001.

1. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

I've noticed a few people here have 2 (or more) cards with one bank (Cap 1, providian).... my query is how??

Did you wait a certain period of time before asking for another card, or was it thru receiving a pre approved offer?

(Don't bother with Citi; I got denied... )

Thanks!
    Deb

2. SD

SD Well-Known Member

I received the offer thru the mail for a Providian Gold Visa in 11/00 and then applied online a month later for the Aria(now Getsmart). I received both.

Also, I applied for a secured Cap One MC in 01/01 and two weeks ago, applied for the Gold Visa and received it.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

pretty much just call and ask.

Providian - 2 cards no problem if different product line (aria/paypalcredit.com okay)
    Citibank - 3 cards no problem, only apply twice per 60 days (different cards only, im not positive)

Capitalone 3-4 cards no problem (really), apply twice per 45 days (same cards okay)

Others are welcome to add to the list.

4. Struggler

Struggler Well-Known Member

I have three that are First USA, but that's only because they bought them out from other CC companies.

5. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

I have two MBNA Plat Plus cards - they offered me the MC after the VISA had been open 3 years. I'm going to convert the new one to a AAA Plat Plus next month.