2 credit files with equifax

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kenny, May 2, 2001.

1. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

I just called equifax and I have 2 files with them. The reason I have 2 files is because creditors submit information with my first name middle inital and last name and then sometimes with my full name including my full middle name.
    Thay said they are going to send both files to me today and I can request they be combined. I wonder if I can request the better out of the 2 be kept while I other one is destoryed. Please CS by the way too.

2. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I spoke to one person at Equifax who said the same thing happened to me. I had 2 files. He gave me a number to call in order to straighten it out. He was in the Credit Watch department, and couln't do anything about my report.

When I called that number, they swore up and down that I only have one file.

But I know there is two. I subscribe to Privista, and some weeks I get one of the reports, and some weeks I get the other. I can tell from the inquiries that are listed. Neither report has any inquiries in common. They are split up among the two reports.

I'm going to have to call again and hope I can get someone who will fix this.