2 different CA' s, same bill

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by OtherTerri, Oct 12, 2001.

1. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

I just received 2 collection notices in the mail for the same bill, same amount, same account number, one from an attorney, one from a collection "bureau."

The bill is from an accident I had last year, I am paying it when my lawsuit is paid and not before.

Has anyone ever seen this before? It appears this medical company actually sold this bill to 2 collectors!

How should I proceed? Should I send a validation letter to both and see what happens?

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Do you have an atty handling your case? If so, he or she should have sent out letters to all creditors involved advising them of the situation and that they would be paid upon settlement. If your atty. has not done this, I would call asap to have them do it.

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Right! you should turn any correspondence regarding this case over to your attorney. And just a note, stay on the attorney's case!! They will let one thing sit while they do something else.

If you have been sending him your medical bills, you should get an explanation why things are being handled this way.