2 quick questions

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Misty, Mar 28, 2001.

1. Misty

Misty Guest

1. I had an orchard bank and decided I didn't want it, i called and they refunded the $99 fees and closed the account, it's on my report as account closed by consumer, is there any way to delete this and how?

2. i got a settlement offer from Providian today for 60% of my account, original amount $797.67 they will accept $478.60. Should I pay this and get it to show settled -0- balance and then try to dispute it at a later date>?
    thanks for all your help

2. Misty

Misty Guest

I'm confused. Hold out for full deletion on which account? I want the orchard bank deleted, I never used the card, just changed my mind about it. The providian should I pay them the $478.60?

3. Misty

Misty Guest

They said they can't delete it and won't report paying as agreed. They said it's the law that they must report to the CRA's every 31 days your correct account status...grrr I guess I'll just pay it to get -0- balance and try to dispute it in a year or two??

4. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

>>If you pay it now, they can make your payment the date of last activity. That means that you start the 7 year clock from now.<<
    I settled a cc and the date of last activity was when I initially went into default, not when it settled.

5. AnnMarie

So, the actual "legal" reporting is NOT to start the clock over right?

As an aside, have you heard the STP cover?

6. AnnMarie

OT

Stone Temple Pilots

7. AnnMarie

Re: OT

YEAH!!!! Oh, do we gotta talk!
    It's one of the best covers I've ever heard.
    Check Napster for Break on thru....

The complete track listing for Stoned Immaculate: The Music Of The Doors is: Stone Temple Pilots, "Break On Through"; Creed, "Riders On The Storm"; Train, "Light My Fire"; Smash Mouth, "Peace Frog"; Days Of The New, "L.A. Woman"; Aerosmith, "Love Me Two Times"; the Cult, "Wild Child"; Jim Morrison, "Roadhouse Rap"; John Lee Hooker and Jim Morrison, "Roadhouse Blues"; William Burroughs, "Is Everybody In?"; Oleander, "Hello, I Love You"; Scott Stapp (Creed), "Touch Me"; Exene Cervenka of X, "Children Of Night"; Bo Diddley, "Love Her Madly"; Marvelous 3, "People Are Strange"; Jim Morrison, "The Cosmic Movie"; and Days Of The New, "The End."