2 Years Left on Bankruptcy Accts

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by iamsamiam, Nov 14, 2001.

1. iamsamiam

iamsamiam Well-Known Member

Okay, I have two years left on about 15 bankruptcy accounts. I have pulled myself out of my hole and am on track again with new credit. It has been a true bitch. I applied for a house through one of the lending companies online and was told that they would not even consider me without a 620 credit score. I have got new cards in the last year and got all incorrect negatives deleted from my reports. My score will not come up without some of those old credit cards from banruptcy still showing. I am desperate, I know this is not right, but I have served 5 years of my time, accounts have come back verified twice on Experian. I have old accounts like Citibank, AT&T Universal, Chase, Dillards, and JC Penney on my reports. Can I send validation letters to them and hope that they will not have the records from 1995-96? I want a house so badly and I have done my best to redeem myself, I know this would probably involve lying of some sort, but right now I really don't care. Thanks.

2. keepmine

keepmine Well-Known Member

Why not try FHA? With 2 years of perfect post bk credit you qualify for conventional rates.

3. iamsamiam

iamsamiam Well-Known Member

I would not qualify for that because I have only 1 year of positive credit history, have had 2 medical collections pop up this year on me. I have talked to a fha person who said it would be difficult if not impossible to get me approved. I have 27, count them 27, "baddies" on experian.

4. MistyEyed

MistyEyed Well-Known Member

Ive tried JC Penney 3 times in the past year to get removed with letters but they always seem to validate, darn them. Its been since 1996.

MistyEyed