22 point hit on Experian!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by parasky, Jul 23, 2001.

1. parasky

parasky Member

I just logged on to Creditexpert this morning and my score has dropped 22 points. The only change in credit report is that my new American Express card was just added. Is this normal? I figured my score would take a hit for a new card, but 22 points seems like a lot. Does anybody know how long this will have a negative effect on my score? I wanted to try to upgrade all of my cards from subprime to prime, but if I do this my score will keep decreasing.

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

It is "too new to rate?"

3. parasky

parasky Member

Hi, for some reason this card doesn't say "too new to rate". I've added cards before that have said this, but, at least on creditexpert, it just shows as a regular tradeline.

4. sph88

sph88 Well-Known Member

It does not show your credit limit. Your high balance and current balance are making it look as if one of your accounts is maxed out!Dispute your balance as soon as you pay your bill!

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hmm..I was trying to use that excuse for the drop..did an inquiry go on at the same time for this account?

6. sph88

sph88 Well-Known Member

If the Amex card is a charge product do the following! 1 week before your statement closes charge a large item and return it for credit the day after your statement close so that your high balance is always much higher than your normal monthly charges!

7. parasky

parasky Member

Hey, that's a great idea thanks. It's the amex green card and it's showing a balance of $55 which is the annual fee. Amex uxed Equifax so that's where the hard inquiry is showing up.