24 y/o & destroyed credit-pls help!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by nycguy, Sep 9, 2003.

1. StarStuff

StarStuff Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: 24 y/o & destroyed cred

That is extremely helpful, thank you! I did find it (and for my fellow Mac users, the "find" function is Command + F instead of CTRL + F) and it sure seems to plainly state that the clocks starts from the date of insertion, which would mean July 1997 in my situation, which means I'm on firm footing demanding the deletion of this TL from my CR.

Thanks!

2. nycguy

nycguy Member

Does anyone have any comments or suggestions for my plan of action that I posted a few days ago? I want to get started as soon as possible!

Thanks!

nycguy

3. StarStuff

StarStuff Well-Known Member

nycguy,

You need to bump your post to get it back to the top where the seasoned vets will see it. Just type <bump> in the body of your post to get it back to the top of the list again.

4. nycguy

nycguy Member

<bump>

5. Gormadoc

Gormadoc Member

Sounds like me.. except another company which was supposed to help me with my debt screwed me over.. 24 years old.. had too much credit when I was 19.. 20.. I had close to $15k in credit for two cards.. and 9.9% interest rates.. but bills got too high I went to Jubilee for help.. they f'd me up bad! I'm in the same boat as you though.. young with some messed up credit :(. Hope everything is working out on your end.

6. nycguy

nycguy Member

<bump>

Update!!

Today I sent the CA a validation letter via certified mail with return receipt. I sent it to my CT address (the CA cannot collect in this state. This may delay the validation past the 30 day window).

Next, I am going to send the CRA a dispute letter. How long do you think I should wait before sending the CRA a dispute letter? A week?

I read the nutcase letters for my paid collections. I think I'm going to dispute these with the CRAs on the basis of "paid before went to collections." What does everybody think?

Thanks again for everyone's help and comments! I'm on well my way to repairing my credit.

nycguy

7. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

When you receive the green card back.

Maybe your thoughts are jumping around here, but the nutcase letters are not sent to the CRA. Secondly, if you dispute like that, you have now admitted it was yours. I wouldn't do that.

8. nycguy

nycguy Member

Thanks, jlynn.

I guess I'm still a little confused about what to do about the paid collections. Which letters/techniques will work best?

Thanks!

nycguy

9. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

There's no one best technique. It varies really depending on whom you are dealing with. If you have not tried simple "not mine" disputes with the CRA's on the paid collections, I would start there. Maybe they will go away the easy way.

10. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: 24 y/o & destroyed credit-p

3*Doing What?????

11. nycguy

nycguy Member

Hi everyone,

I wanted to update you on what I've done so far to improve my credit:

I sent a validation letter to the CA this weekend. I'm waiting for the little green card to come back from the post office before I send a letter to the CRA.

I also had a few paid collection accounts. I disputed those as "not mine" with the CRAs.

Thanks everyone!

nycguy

12. nycguy

nycguy Member

Update!

I received the USPS green card back from the CA, so they've received my validation letter.

Now, I'm going to dispute the trade line with the CRA.

The OC's trade line (showing "sent to profit/loss") is still on the CR. Should I also dispute that?

Stay tuned.....

Thanks!

nycguy

13. lbrown59

24 y/o & destroyed credit-p

1) First, I will send a validation letter to the collection agency (please see my question on this point below). I'm hoping that they don't validate the debt and it ends here.
    2) 1 week later I will send a dispute letter to CRA.
    3) Cease and desist letter to CA.
    4) Estoppel letter to CA.
    5) No proof , intent to sue and complaint letter to CA and OC.
    nycguy
    ==============
    1*Ok
    2*No: Dispute after you get the green card back from the CA.
    3*I prefer to skip this one
    4*Wait 30 days after CA signed green card before you send it.
    5*15 days after they get the estoppel.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

14. lbrown59

1) First, I will send a validation letter to the collection agency (please see my question on this point below). I'm hoping that they don't validate the debt and it ends here.
    2) 1 week later I will send a dispute letter to CRA.
    3) Cease and desist letter to CA.
    4) Estoppel letter to CA.
    5) No proof , intent to sue and complaint letter to CA and OC.
    nycguy
    ==============
    1*Ok
    2*No: Dispute after you get the green card back from the CA.
    3*I prefer to skip this one
    4*Wait 30 days after CA signed green card before you send it.
    5*15 days after they get the estoppel.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59

15. nycguy

nycguy Member

Hi!

I sent the validation letter to the CA, which they received 30 days ago. They never responded with any validation.

After the CA received the validation, I disputed the tradeline with the CRA.

I have NOT heard back from the CRA yet with the results of their investigation. Do you think it's time to send the estoppel letter to the CA, like this one:

http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53095

I actually don't want to give the CA another 15 days to respond. What if they come back all of the sudden with validation?

Thanks for your help! I'm almost there.

nycguy

16. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

No, don't use that letter.

Later in that post you will see a reply from me that references a thread, but I'll reference it again here.

Read through that thread and you'll see why you shouldn't use the letter you referenced. You can come up with one which will work much better and cause you fewer problems.

17. lbrown59

*I actually don't want to give the CA another 15 days to respond.
    ** What if they come back all of the sudden with validation?
    nycguy
    *I don't think you have much choice .
    **What if they don't?
    If you don't do something it will be a lot more than 15 days.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59

18. NervousNuB

NervousNuB Well-Known Member

Hi SoParkDiva, (Or Anyone Who Can Answer)
    I've just pulled my CR's and several of my old accounts from 96/97 are now showing open in 2001/2002! Is this what you mean by re-aged? These are all CA's I've never spoken to, the date hasn't legally changed has it? Thank you for your time!

19. nycguy

nycguy Member

I have an update:

The CA didn't write back to my first request for validation. I just sent them the second letter that gives them 15 days to validate or delete.

At the time I received the return receipt from the USPS, I disputed the tradeline with TU.

But, the CA DID validate to TU and I received TU's letter yesterday! It says "Verified, no change."

What should I do? Should I demand deletion from the CA if they don't write back to my second demand for validation?

Thanks and please help!

nycguy

20. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

First, send a procedural request to TU. Search the letters section or do a search for some samples. Basically, you're asking TU to give you the name, address and phone number of the person with whom they verified.

This is another way to catch them. Many times when you contact the person they said they contacted, you find out that TU never did verify with them.

If they've only done an electronic verification, that's not enough.

Anyway, send that letter and post the results when you get them, we'll take it from there depending on what they say.