2nd round dispute question??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jbb, Feb 26, 2001.

1. jbb

jbb Guest

I have taken advice from this board and completed my 1st round of disputes with all three CRAs. I had mixed results with the 'Not Mine' method. It seems most were able to verify with just a ss# and name match. Should I continue with the same reason or use another reason for the second round? Should I dispute again right away or wait 30 days. BTW, I have two late pays and one paid collection.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: 2nd round dispute question

thre is no guarantee that disputing will work. You are really hoping that they dont verify. It doesnot really matter which reason you use. The idea is to get the investigation initiated. If you are satisfied that the credit bureaus did infact investigate the information then maybe you are just very unfortunate. I will say again that most credit card companies verify. Collection agencies donot verify because alot of the times because once paid, they could care less.

roni

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I havenot been able to get my one and only credit card charge off removed. It is Discover and they always verify, even when Junum disputed it.

I think once it is gone to a collection agency maybe you can get it off. Like my arrow financial account or something like that. But I dont really know what to tell you. The best thing to always do is to negotiate before hand. If this is too late, I am sorry. Does anyone else know of another miraculous way to get the cc companies slip up and not verify.

roni

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I have been successful with having late pays removed from all three bureaus. However, this was on a credit card account that was paid in full and closed. I count my blessings they did not verify. The info WAS incorrect. If the account is open, it is pretty much impossible to have late pays removed unless you have a rep who actually knows you are a valuable customer and it is better to keep you happy so you don't close your account.

5. Manny

Manny Guest

I have had the most success removing late pays from my credit profile by dealing with the creditor directly. If the late pays are over 2 years old and the account is paid off is even better from my past experience.

As far as having BK's deleted, I keep hearing that they are easy to get rid of. I wish you would share that secret with me.

Ciao...

6. jbb

jbb Guest

Both of my late pays are from credit cards, both paid and closed. I am now writing a letter to their credit disputes department. If they always verify maybe I will try to remove the account detail instead. I called CSC services and spoke with a rep who gave me some pointers. Anyone else have tips on how to remove late pay info? My choices are disputing ever being late or try a cry letter explaining the reason. Credit cards are harder to remove because the companies have in place an automated process that updates all accounts by tape each month. I complained their contact info used to "verify" was not accurate as the phone # is now disconnected. It seems they just pulled an old tape to verify.

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

They don't know the difference between payment timing and a late payment