3 added negs to experion

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Carrie, May 16, 2001.

1. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

I am just so sick about all of this! Today I checked my experion file again to see if the disputes had been removed or anything. I find 3 more accounts on here, all of whih I have been dealing with the collection agent trying to get it cleared up. These hospital bills were made about 4 years ago. The insurance co of the ball league was supposed to have paid. They did pay the dr and the x-rays but the hosptial failed to follow though. Instead they wait 4 years and are billing me! I didn't think they would report it until it was resolved. The bad thing is that it is for the same accident, all on the same day and they have it listed as 3 separate accounts. Just as I thought things were looking up I feel doomed again!!!

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I have a collection agency that is doing this to me over a phone bill from 1996. They added a FOURTH entry to my Experience report this month.

Lexington got them deleted from my Trans Union (they were on that report two times), and they have never been on my Equifax report. I'm hoping they don't reinsert on TU, but in the meantime I sent them a threatening letter Monday with a copy to the Public Utilities Commission.

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

4. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

How do you say everybody is even?? If the hospital had of followed through 4 years ago they would have gotten the money from the insurance co of the ball league, just as the Dr. and X-Rays got theirs. I didn't screw anyone!! I heard nothing from the hospital until 4 years later. At that time (over the phone) she said they would probably just write it off. Then I hear from the collection agency. I have been doing their work try to contact the other insurance co of the ball league. If they had of filed the papers 4 years ago they would have recieved their money.

5. river

river Well-Known Member

Carrie,overlook lbrown59,he/she/it isn't interested in giving advice,just here to gain posting points.Do the accounts have same acc't #'s or diffrent acc't #'s. I would send validation letters to all.

6. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

I have been talking with a Mark at the collection co. Do I stop talking with him now and send validation letters? I would even pay the dang bills just to keep it off my records, but I aint paying it now with it there! That would be dumb to pay for something I don't owe and still have 3 negs on my account!! I thought maybe I could talk to this Mark guy that I have been dealing with. I am pretty sure that I didn't sign consent for the treatment because I wasn't there when it happened, but I don't know, it has been way too long. He has me dealing with the hospital, the hospital tells me to deal with him. So I don't know what to do.

7. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

You should NEVER talk to a CA on the phone. Only communicate through mail. Tell him this on the phone and that you only want to correspond in writing. From this point on, if you know the SOL has past, then send a C&D letter. If it hasn't send a validation letter. Either way, dispute this with the CRA as well as INNACCURRATE or NOT MINE or whichvever is the case. Then go from there and let us know how things go..

8. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Carrie,

Someone might have already asked this but, Is there anyway to have these bills sent to the insurance now? We recently got a bill from some doc who said she saw my husband in the OR during his surgery 2 years ago. I sent it right to the insurance company and they paid it.

Of course if this is ball field insurance, can you call the ball field? Somehow, somebody ought to pay this. Or have records where something was paid before. The ball field should have records for their accountant for that year.

How much is the bill? It's perfectly up to you, but I would just try and pay the thing for deletion. Just to make it go away.

9. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Similar thing happened to me. I got notice from a collection agency 2 years after a car accident. It was from the orthopaedic surgeon. I never got billed. I called the doctors office and they swore that they billed the auto insurance. I called the auto ins. and they said they never got a bill. When I told the ins. company what was going on, they took care of it immediately. I got a copy of the check they sent and the collection agency was notified. They also removed the record from my credit reports.

10. lbrown59

=====MY POLICY is when a person I owe money to interferes with my ability to pay it the debt is canceled,thus we're all even because it squares things up!

11. lbrown59

=============
    =========================
    MY POINT Exactly!

12. lbrown59

=============================
    ====================================
    YOU ARE CORRECT ( the hospital scrwewd themselves out of the money-so why should you be expected to bail them out of their blunder???????????????????????????????

13. lbrown59

Care to validate your above statement?

14. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

Update, I went directly to the hospital to see if I could clear it up. They of course passed the buck. I asked her if I paid it off right now (even though it isn't me bill) would they take it off me credit report. She said absolutly NOT. I asked her what my insentive was and she said that if I had paid my bills in the first place I wouldn't need an insentive BIT--! So I got no where there but I do know that they have everything still on their computer. I am sure that I didn't sign for the treatment or billing, but not possitive. My question is, do I send not mine validation letters to the hospital , the cbs or to the credit agency who is billing me. I think I will try the not mine first, then take it from there. All advise welcomed and aapreciated!!!

15. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Carrie,
    Stop dealing with Mark. He is probably responsible for this being added to your report. It is definitely time to start playing hard ball. Did they ever send you a bill? Can they prove that? Send the validation letter immediately. When you were at the hospital didnt you provide insurance as form of payment. Ask for a copy of that contract. Get a copy of your insurance also. I have a hospital bill which I had to provide my creditcard # to twice just to get it to be debited. Hospital billing department do mess up big time. I would deal only with the hospital from now on.... I might help if you start to threaten them.

16. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

So do I send valadation letters to the hospital and to the cb? I know experion has it listed but I'm not sure about the other 2. Do I just let them get the info from the hospital?? Thanks for your help!!

17. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I would deal w/ the hospital to get this error fixed if possible. The validation letter would need to go to the CA. The hospital may require that you deal with the CA. Get that in writting also. Stop doing anything over the phone.

18. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

First, has the SOL passed? If it has, send a C&D to the CA. Also contact the hospital if you want to clear it up and tell them what had happened.. if they continue to "pass the buck", then send a validation letter to both the CA and the hospital. Also dispute with the CRA as NOT MINE or INNACCURATE or whatever.. if the CRA's remove it, then you are good.. even better if you do both at the same time because when the CA receives teh validation, they may hestitate reporting it or have problems.. just do this TODAY and go from there.. search for validation letters and cease and desist and you will get a bunch because there were many posted on this board already..