3 hards from one company

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Gai-jin, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Gai-jin

Gai-jin Well-Known Member

Before finding this board, I made the mistake of applying for a best buy card every 30 days or so. On the 3rd try, I got the Household mastercard, but still no bby card.

I'd like to have 2 of the 3 hard inquiries removed, if possible. Any chance I could write to the CRA and req they be reclassed, as account reviews? Or other suggestions?

Similar issue for Verizon wireless. called and was approved over the phone for service. Went into the store cause I wanted the phones right away. they had to run another credit app. 2 hards on my report. (2 seperate days) Any suggestions on how best to get these inq's removed?

gai-jin

2. merlin

merlin Well-Known Member

I had a mortgage company pull my credit four times in the span of a little over a month.

EXP removed three of the four and EQ removed all four. (TU wouldn't budge, however.)

I called and indicated that this was a mistake on the part of the mortgage company, that they should have just pulled it one time. I indicated (lied) that the mortgage company had told me to call the CRA and have them de-dup the inquiry.

I think it was EXP who told me that according to the subscription contract, creditors are only allowed to pull once a month.

I would call and play a little bit stupid . . . "I can't imagine why they pulled my credit three times, I only applied once. They said it was no problem, just to call you (EXP, EQ, etc.) and have you de-dup the inquiry . . ."

It's certainly worth the five minutes of effort it will take.

3. iambroke

iambroke Well-Known Member

Just write to the CRA and ask for them to deleted them as they weren't authorized. It may work as easy as that.

BTW: I applied for Best buy last year, got approved for HH M/C but when I got it they charged some HUGE fee to have it so I wrote them a letter demanding they close out my account, refund the fee and not report it to the CRA's. They did just that and it never showed up on any CRA's. I have platinum cards and they wanted me to pay some HUGE interest rate and some dumb fee to have their card...yeah right!?

4. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Be very careful here, or you could get a Fraud Alert slapped on your report. Heard they aren't fun.

5. iambroke

iambroke Well-Known Member

Why would they do that? I thought fraud alerts were only put on there by the consumer, not the CRA.

6. faztcobra

faztcobra Well-Known Member

Re: Re: 3 hards from one company

Because if you are disputing inquiries, then the bureau may think that someone is trying to commit identity fraud...hence the fraud alert. I just don't know if they can put that on there without you asking for it to be on there.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

You were applying for "NEW" credit???
    IF NOT...THEY CAN DO AR'S 50 TIMES PER MONTH IF THEY WANT...BUT NOT EVEN ONE HARD...NO PP!!!

8. merlin

merlin Well-Known Member

It was new credit - a refinance.