3 Years in a row: Equifax doesn't deliver free CR online, why?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by TheGooch, Mar 28, 2013.

1. TheGooch

TheGooch Active Member

Actually, this might be the 4th year in row where Transunion and Experian deliver my free annual credit report online without a fuss, and Equifax refuses to. As usual, it offers a nebulous excuse as to why it cannot along with the usual "we are unable to deliver your Equifax Free Annual Credit Report online" message.

I work full time and don't have time to go back and forth with these guys on the phone.

To be honest, I believe they are purposefully not fulfilling their responsibilities under the FACT Act. Can anyone advise me on recourse for this? I filled out the paper request back in 2011 and never got my report, and in 2012 I just threw my hands up and didn't bother trying to mail in a request.

Yes, I am venting, but seriously...3 years? Has anyone else had an experience similar to mine with Equifax? Has anyone here had the process go smoothly and get their CR delivered online as promised?

Besides calling Equifax, do I have any recourse?

2. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Well, they may all become more stringent since Celebrigate exploited the FACT system to make celebrity and politician credit reports "public domain".

3. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Last year, I had that issue with EX, and no problems with TU & EQ.