3rd party communication today!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by snakeman, Sep 23, 2003.

1. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

This is a small time, small little hick town CA. The guy who owns it is the guy who signed for it and who I wrote my letter to.

Think he'll respond huh?

I get the feeling that when he talks to the law firm regarding this he's gonna find out that they can't help him due to a conflict of interest.

SnakeMan

2. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Re: Re: 3rd party communication today!!

Snake,

You don't need to "structure" a suit in small claims.

All you need to put in the complaint portion is:

Numerous violations of the FDCPA

or

Numerous violations of the FCRA

or

Numerous violations of the FCRA/FDCPA

Keep them wondering what you're suing them for and prevents them from knowing all your cards if trial occurs.

I'd give em till Fri and file Fri afternoon.

3. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

File Friday? The 7 days is up on Wednesday. I'll do it just wondering why you picked Friday. Maybe because your trying to show the court that I am trying to work with him?

I also talked to an attorney today who warned me about biting off more than I can chew. He said if they don't settle and it goes to court that if it gets expensive and I decide to drop it I could be liable for their attorneys fees and court costs.

Also, he said that I have to file suit in district court. He said you can't sue a corporation in small claims.

What do you think?

P.S. Does small claims court allow for people to be subpoened to court? The lady who told me she knew about other accounts with this agency is who I'm referring to. Would this conversation between me and her be considered heresay? Would it be admissible?

SnakeMan

4. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Remember to allow at least 3 business days for them to mail, thats why bumping the actual filing to at least Friday afternoon, or Monday afternoon (in case they put it in the mail on Wednesday night and it doesn't arrive until Saturday or Monday.)

5. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: 3rd party communication today!!

Thats why I always put x days from "confirmed delivery"...no excuses then. :)

6. pd11604

pd11604 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: 3rd party communication today!!