533 help me please

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dinob12, Jun 12, 2001.

1. dinob12

dinob12 Well-Known Member

Okay yesterday I went to Myfico.com and pulled a cr report.. 533 beacon score...My situation is this 9 inquries in the last 6 months..
    Crescent Bank and trust (Pays as agreed) 17 past 30 1 past 60.....Car loan paid off..

Fisrt North American Bank-7 past 30..6 past 60...5 past 90..Charged off July 98..balance 1680

hechts-30 past 90days....Charged off march 2001..
    balance $411

Monaco Finance-Pays as agreed..Account sold to Crescent Bank and Trust...

Sears-30 past 23 times Account is still in collections..Balance $1263

Circuit City-30 past 17...60 past twice..Charged off 1998..Balance $1977

NCO Emcare- 3 different accounts which are listed as paid and 2 other accounts which are unpaid..I have no idea what these are.....

On the positive side 2 providian accounts a Fmcc and a Cross Country Bank cc which are all 2 new to rate... CAN JUNUM HELP ME ????

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

All that negative resulted in a 533, damn my husband has ONE paid collection from 1995, nothing else negative and he scores a 577, doesn't seem one bit fair.

This whole scoring system needs a major adjustment:(

3. dinob12

my girlfriend has a 648...granted she is 5 years older than me I am 23 and she is 28...But she has a repossession on her report from 95.. And 4 charged off accounts in 96 and a Hechts card which has been past 90 days 24 times...She just opened a Providian Gold and a FMCC and get this..SHE GOT TURNED DOWN FOR A GETSMART CARD AND AS FOR HER FMCC CARD SHE ONLY GOT 50% OF HER DEPOSIT AS A CL AND I GOT 300% HOW THE HELL IS THAT

4. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

The whole scoring system does need a major over haul.

My score dropped 200+ points for 3 inquiries in 9 months. (I didn't even authorize one of them.) No added or deleted accounts. Go figuare!

Becky

5. dinob12

I wonder if Junum can remove some of those chargeoffs or are they too recent for them to even attempt removing

6. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

The only thing you can do dino is try Junum. How much is a decent score worth to you? Or try Lexington.

But be prepared, if you dispute, its a possibility that the accounts will come back verified and also, if they ARE deleted, if you don't pay up, they CAN be re-inserted.

7. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

WOW!

You have a good score for all the crappy derogs on your report. Consider youself lucky. How did you manage to keep some of these accounts open with so many lates?

I had WAY less derogs and had a 487 three years ago.

Dispute all you can and PAY EVERY BILL ON TIME in the future and you should be doing fine in about 24 months.

Good Luck

8. dinob12

Trust me I will..Now I make a payment each week on my credit cards because I try and use them for everything i purchase..Just to make sure I have activity on them so maybe one day I will get a cl increase or even hopefully unsecured status..All of this negative use of credit happened as soon as I turned 18...But it is amazing what this board has taught me about credit...And I am very thankful..

9. dinob12

Hello.
    I now make enough money to pay off the accounts that were charged off but I thought that paying off the charged off accounts was not a good thing ? Are you telling me that if I use Junum that whatever they may dispute and comes back as verified will start my 7 years all over again ???? I really want to sign up with either Lex or Junum this weekend,,What should I do ? Pay those charged off accounts ?

10. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

NCO Emcare, or NCO-This is a collection agency, maybe from a medical bill? I recommend disputing these with NCO-ask for complete validation.

Have you received any notices from them? Or did they just insert?

11. dinob12

If it is a health care then I know exactly who they are from...I was in a car accident my sophmore year ..I was working at Carmax and a gentleman I was with on a test drive flipped the car next thing I know I wake up in a helicopter...All of my bills were covered by my workers compensation but I do remember seeing bills come in the mail about 6 months ago asking for payment of some of those medical bills..I called the company at the time and kept referring them to my Lawyer because Carmaxs insurance company was paying or supposed to be paying for all of my medical bills .The case is still pending ... I will call NCO tomorrow and see exactly what the hell it is....Thanks alot for the info...