582!!! Omg!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Larissa, Aug 10, 2001.

1. Larissa

Larissa Well-Known Member

We just got hubby's score from EX and it is 582! That is even worse than I thought! I don't even know where to start. Hopefully someone can help.

Here are the derogs he has:
    GMAC 30(23) 60(3) 90(0) 60 days in 1/00,12/99,8/99...I just paid off this account today

MBNA 30(3), 60(1), 90(2), 120(2), 150(1) chargedoff but showing a past due balance of 988???, last late was 8/98...plus after the 1st 90 day late we never made a payment, so shouldn't that be the date of last activity?

5 paid collections: 5/98,11/98,1/99,8/97,8/97...I have disputed these and am pretty sure they will come off...this CA does not keep records once they are paid

plus 2 judgements...both satisfied...10/99 and 11/00

I haven't checked the other scores, but the negs are pretty much the same on all

HELP!!!!! We are never going to get a home loan...EVER!

Larissa

2. Lionel

Lionel Well-Known Member

DON'T PANIC!!!

Home loans are available to almost everyone, the trick is just not overpaying in interest fees.

I can't give you specific help in removing those items because they are so dang recent, plus I don't see how a satisfied judgement can be disputed. BUT there are plenty of others on the board who can help.

Hang in there!

3. Larissa

Thanks Lionel! I am panicing a bit I guess. The judgements are probably there to stay Iguess...The one that seems the worst is the Chargeoff...I already disputed as not mine and it cam back verified...and what is up with the past due? The simulator says that is the worst thing. Oh and also his Cap 1(only) CC is not reporting the limit, so of course his available credit is 0%.

4. amaineman

amaineman Well-Known Member

Probably puts him in front of 8% of the population, I am standing in line right beside him. : )

I signed as a co-applicant on wife's auto loan (1999 van). I hope that helps to bring up my score.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

dispute dispute dispute. I went from 575 to 600's..

You either gotta pay those judgements/charge off's or dispute them off. Those home loan folks won't work with you if you have outstanding unpaid debt on record..

6. MikeB

MikeB Banned

As am I. It makes me wonder how these statistics can be true when most of the people I know are in similar situations as me. I think something is skewing their data. Bah!

7. Larissa

The judgements are paid, I am disputing the chargeoff...today all 5 collections and 1 inquiry were deleted. The CreditExpert score did not change yet though...does anyone know when it will?

8. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Larissa,

Give CreditExpert a few days. It doesn't update daily.
    Good Luck

9. Larissa

Thanks Mike! I checked it today and it went up 64 points to 646...I guess that is much better! Still not good, but better