6-Day Verifiication???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tmitchell, Jun 27, 2001.

1. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

I disputed 8 PHEAA student loan entries on my Experian report on 6/21 as duplicates (I only had 2 loans). I did this online and checked status today and it says "remains".

Did they really verify in 6 days????

Tom

2. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Experian verified with citibank in three days and the number they gave to contact Citibank is no longer working, sounds like Experian is up to its old tricks!

Cyprigirl:)

3. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

They obviously are too busy to bother or care. I don't understand how the CRA's get away with this. I had this problem with TU.

I thought the FCRA was supposed to protect the consumer from things like this.

4. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Tom,

I reside in PA also. When that happened to me, I wrote my state representative. They resolved the duplicate tradelines. Then, I participated in the rehabilitation program, which had the default status and late notations removed.

OR demand the Credit bureau send results of the verification. By law, they have 15 days to get that information to you.

Good Luck, Experian is extremely difficult to deal with.

5. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Terry....

Thanks for the info. I made my first payment on the rehab program last month. I want to buy my house next summer so my credit repair is going into overdrive!

Tom