6 month old accounts

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by nyyanks81, Oct 13, 2001.

1. nyyanks81

nyyanks81 Well-Known Member

My credit card accounts only date back about 6-7 months so I am just building my credit history. If I request an Equifax credit report will there be stuff from the 6 months on it or will they send me a blank paper?

2. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Why don't you request one and see. If your cards have been reporting regulary then there should be some info on it.

3. MikeB

MikeB Banned

From reports of others in the same situation, if you paid on time with no problems, you may be pleasantly suprized! Keep in mind that only Equifax is offering a true FICO score. Go look and reply back!

4. nyyanks81

ok, i just ordered it for 13 bucks from Equifax, heres whats in it :

Your BEACON/FICO score: 746
    Reason codes: 14 12 9 32

Additional Information

Companies that Requested your Credit File

10/13/2001 ID-Equifax Consumer Services, Inc
    10/13/2001 Equifax Consumer Services
    06/21/2001 PRM-At&T Wireless Services

*AT&T what a bunch of cronies! they just pulled by report for no reason. I didn't do no business with them ever!

Credit Information:

Citi Bank: Revolving PAYS AS AGREED
    Date opened: 04/2001
    Balance $0
    Prior Paying History:
    AMOUNT IN H/C COLUMN IS CREDIT LIMIT

Discover Financial Services: Revolving PAYS AS AGREED
    Date opened: 03/2001
    Balance $0
    Prior Paying History:
    CREDIT CARD

Discover Financial Services: Revolving PAYS AS AGREED
    Date opened: 04/2001
    Balance $0
    Prior Paying History:
    ACCOUNT CLOSED AT CONSUMER'S REQUEST.
    PAID ACCOUNT/ZERO BALANCE

My high credits are listed as well. The closed account has $0

*Discover card-what a bunch of cronies also! the 2nd discover card listed as closed by consumer request is a card issued to me in error that had my name but a different account#. I called right away as soon as is received it and without calling the automated # to activate it, I called customer service to see what the mixup was and they told me they would cancel it. How can the stinkin account be closed if it wasn't even activated in the first place! It's stuff like this that pisses me off!

There is nothing else on my credit report.

I would like to know what impact of that closed discover account have on my history if any at all??

5. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't think it would hurt it. As long as it reports to the bureau as closed at consumer's request and "never late" you'll be fine. A 746 is a fine score for having only 6 months of credit history. You are off to a great start! I also noticed that At&t inquiry wasn't a hard inquiry, because it has the "PRM" which stands for promotional inquiry. It doesn't affect your score, so a sigh of relief for you there! Good luck with your credit, it looks like you'll do well!

6. nyyanks81

If I have 2 cards (not counting the closed account), why isn't there inquiries for citibank and discover?

7. matty61184

They likely pulled a report from TransUnion or Experian instead of Equifax. You might want to get a merged report showing all 3 bureaus. This can cost a little more, but it's nice to see your overall credit picture. From what I saw on your Equifax file, you're doing great. It sounds like you have 1 or 2 inquiries tops, which is great!

8. nyyanks81

regarding inquiries, how many inquiries does it take to make any credit report look "bad" since inquiries are not recorded equally on all 3 CRA? and If right now I keep these 2 cards and pay em off monthly in full and apply for no other cards( I don't plan to anyway), does my credit score and history get better and better?

9. matty61184

In theory yes. It just depends on how you handle the accounts. If you keep your ratios low, you will have a great score. As the accounts age, your score will also increase. If you are satisified with the amount of credit you have right now, I'd just keep those cards. I would say no more than 4 or 5 inquiries in a year. That is just my personal opinion though. Inquries are more heavily weighted on those who have a limited credit history versus someone with a mature (7 years +) history. Hope this helps!

10. anna

anna Well-Known Member

A question. When you dispute your report, an inquiry shows up from that CB. Are these hard or soft? Do they hurt anything? As much as I've been disputing, I'm going to rack up a ton of these.

11. matty61184

Any inquiries from the Credit Bureau are only reported to you. When they send you an updated report, it will have a notice that any inquiries by the credit bureau itself aren't counted. Basically, they are soft inquiries, so they won't harm your score.

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

So THEY say...We will NEVER know for sure if the HURT or not...

13. matty61184

That is true George. I have gotten my score from Equifax both when I had few soft inquiries and also when I had a lot of them. My score didn't vary because of those soft inquiries. It actually went up because of the aging of my accounts, lower balances, etc.

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

... if they HURT or not...