633 credit score and auto loan

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bgolden, Mar 27, 2002.

1. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

When I applied for Generations in January I got denied, I had a 664 TU score and the only neg I had was a 120 day late in 98, I got denied for recent neg. and too many inquiries (4). When I went to the dealer they said my actual TU score was a 718. So be careful. I am going to dispute off all my inquiries (now 8 thanks to Citibank) and try again. BTW my ratios were very good at the time, but now even better.

2. Ozzyburger

Ozzyburger Well-Known Member

Did ya get the email I sent you about Citi inquires??

Ozzy.

3. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

Ozzy-
    I did get it, I tried to respond but your email wouldn't accept it. I deal with the TU affliate, and they just remove any dispute inquiries, I have had a much easier time dealing with them (on the inquiries) than I have with creditors.

4. Ozzyburger

Ozzyburger Well-Known Member

KHM - sorry 'bout that - I thought I had my mail on... will have to investigate that...hmmm... but anyway, glad you won't have a problem with those... we definitely don't have the same TU affiliate if they're easier to deal with than Citi! <G>

Ozzy.

5. Jim L

Jim L Member

i would also go to the dealer as well...i bought a new car last month, and my equifax score was around 580, i have one late payment on the report, and i only have 5 years of credit history...people's first or eloan wouldn't even touch me with a 10 feet pole, so i went to the dealership, with 2000 down payment, i got a loan with nissan motor acceptance at 6.9% on a new spec v, there are dealers out there that are willing to work with people, i know they probably pulled a few strings here and there but they came through...oh, and i got the car for 1% over the invoice as well, so shop around...good luck...