660 Beacon

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Terry, Aug 4, 2001.

1. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if this score could be considered Prime? Last month my score was 578 today its 660. I had to collections removed from Equifax report. According to Equifax, my score is considered high risk.

2. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

Hey, congrats! I don't know if you're prime yet, but you're sure getting there!
    Wow, what a jump!

3. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

670 seems to be a turning point. You could probably get there in a month or two.

4. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

congrats Terry!

Did you have all your collection removed?

Cypri:)

5. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Yes I did. My Equifax report has no collections and 1 30 day late 18 months ago. Last month when it was 578, I had 2 collection accounts from Gulf State Credit and they sold the account to Berks Credit and collections. They were both recent accounts, both within the last 6 months. I was able to get them removed via the PA Attorney General.

Last month I took a huge hit on my score, with 578. I disputed both tradelines, with the letter from the AG. Equifax deleted both accounts. I received my updated report today. I decided to see how it would impact my score. My beacon is 660. The funny thing is most of my credit cards are at about 80%. I am going to pay them down. I want my utilization at 25%. It is my hope that that will thrust me into the very high 600's or low 700's.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

6. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Terry,
    You can hike this score if you do it right. See Marie's thread on credit rescoring.