7 EX inquiries deleted!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Jul 23, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

A month ago, I joined Creditexpert. I disputed 9 of 12 hard inquiries. I refused to dispute 3 of the inquiries as they have new accounts attached and I did not want to appear frivolous.

7 of the 9 were deleted. 2 were verified.

Today my score rose 7 points as 3 deletions happened. I unscientifically estimate that each deletion was worth 2+ points.

This was great to get rid of 7 hard inquiries.

My total was 12 inquiries with 10 in the last 6 months when I disputed.

Now my total is 5 inquiries with 3 in the last 6 months.

Jim

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks Lizard,

I remembered your prior comments about your deletions and score increase.

To get 7 hard inquiries deleted along with 2 addresses was worth paying the $79 for a annual Creditexpert membership. I am disputing more minor stuff to make the EX report perfect. I like to look daily to see my score and credit report.

The credit simulator is still 50 points above my credit score. I won't speculate any further at this time. A year with creditexpert should reveal the answer.

Best regards - Jim

3. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Jim, to make your credit look even cleaner, remove some of the "soft" inquiries. They don't impact on your score, but what the heck, it just looks neater when you pull up you report. lol.

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Leo,

I will be watching for your future thread(s) on the soft inquiry issue. I know you are disputing your items now.

Also, I want to say to you:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

I would have never have known I could get away with deleting inquiries on EX without you bringing it to the boards attention.

Best regards - Jim

5. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Jim, the soft inquiries came off within 2 days. but I have not seen a point increase. Nada. I guess they really are not factored in.

but my credit report does look a lot cleaner now lol.

Now if we could find a better way to dispute inquiries with the other 2 CRA's ...... now that would be something.

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Leo,

It would have raised an enormous question if the soft inquiry deletion had raised your score. Not to mention giving us all one more thing to be concerned with. Not everyone here is a fan of credit unions, but I am. Last week, I posted about my credit union that gave me a preapproved $3K credit card increase and a $25K car loan as the result of an EX soft inquiry. Yesterday, I received an offer to come in and apply for a home mortgage at a very favorable rate with minimal fees etc. I want to keep the offers coming in the mail. I do not want to optout on soft inquiries like Marie is doing to improve her mortgage chances.

Do you have an opinion about the credit simulator?

Jim

7. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I just ignore the simulator. According to the simulator I have a 700+ credit score. While it's only 617 according to credit expert.

8. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I agree Leo.

Lizard and I both noticed that deletion of hard inquiries seems to give you 2+ points for each deletion. The simulator made it appear that the inquiries were worth more than that.

I have 3 inquiries that I have not disputed as they are attached to new accounts opened in Jan - Apr. 2001. I am going to dispute them 1 at a time. I am still concerned about the writer here who claimed that EX notified his creditors of suspected fraud when he disputed similar items all at once.

I am not going to re-dispute the 2 inquiries they verified. How about you.?

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I disputed 5, 2 still pending, 1 moved to a soft inquiry (?), and 2 verified. I don't know how..these were by the ex-troll's wife..I only disputed those that weren't mine. Sigh.

It seems wierd that I can't get any deleted, doesn't it?

10. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hi Nana,

My inquiry deletions started about 10 days after I disputed. The last 3 inquiries deleted yesterday were done on the 29th day.

If I remember correctly, there was a corresponding soft inquiry showing for every hard inquiry. Those soft inquiries are still showing. I think it is possible that the "1 moved to a soft inquiry(?)" may have been a deletion for you.

Jim

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

You are likely right..it's just annoying that my results are so much less of a percentage than others. Especially when they are false inquiries..not authorized at all. I am happy for other, though :)

12. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Nana,

This is a learning experience for us all. The 2 inquiries verified were a credit union inquiry from May 2000 and a Cap One inquiry to an existing account several years old. If I had been betting on which inquiries would be verified; it would not have been these two.

Jim

13. bailey

bailey Well-Known Member

That's a shame Nana, you are disputing inaccurate inquries and getting nowhere, everyone else appears to be disputing legit ones and they have success!!

14. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I know..it seems ironic, huh? Though I don't begrudge a soul their deletions...not at all..I'd like this false ones gone..

Did I mention that I hate the troll and his wife..this has been a long ordeal. OK, I'm over the bitterness..LOL

15. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

16. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

"Life" seems to happen to me an awful lot! LOL

17. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

LOL Nana - me too!!

Best regards

Jim

18. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

NaNAsee, while we celebrate our small victories against the CRA's you are enjoying your brand new house.

Now thats life!!

19. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Awww, good point!! But, it takes the sparkle out of my whining! LOL :) NanaSee! LOL