8 inquries over the last 2 yea

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Centurion, Sep 9, 2000.

1. Centurion

Centurion Guest

I got current copies of my credit report and there are many inquires. Most of them are either the CRA or a periodic or promotional inquiry. According to them, they are not reported to businesses. That leaves about 8 inquires over the last 2 years (7 of them were over the last year). Is this going to be a problem for me? Out of those 7 in the last year most aren't creditors. I had moved so my landlord and my phone company had checked my credit report. I opened a new cheking account so they checked my credit report. In fact only 2 of those 7 inquires in the last year actually involve a creditor of any kind. Is my score going to be lowered just because my phone company and landlord wanted to check my credit report?

2. Mother

Mother Guest

RE: 8 inquries over the last 2

I really don't think 8 inquires in 2 years will hurt your score very much at all, I wish mine were that low LOL. But I think they look at the numbers of inquiries in last six months, those are the big factors I think. Luckily I one have ONE inquiry in last six months on all my reports, I am proud of my self. Of course the number before that is another story:)

3. MS

MS Guest

I think they look at the past 12 months - I received a letter where they mention 'too many inquries in the past 12 months'. I'm on my way to find out how many are they.

4. Michael

Michael Guest

Normally it is the last 6 months. Of course some exceptions are bound to pop up!

the number of acceptable inquiries also very on the type of card your seeking. Amex usually accepts 2 in the last 6 months, a Dept. Store will usually accept 5!

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Thank you, Michael. That's very interesting.

6. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

Michael advice is good but take heed if a creditor doesn't want you than even a sole 23 month inquiry will be "unacceptable" and used to reject you.

We've seen any examples of that on these boards.

7. Pat

Pat Guest

the FICO scoring model only considers the past 6 months.