8 points for one inquiry?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by recka, Aug 29, 2001.

1. recka

recka Active Member

I applied for the citi card that people have been having good luck with, hoping they would pull my TU report which is in decent shape. Well they pulled both EX and EQ. EQ dropped my score 1 point(checked score power), and EX dropped my score 8 points (accoring to creditmanager). I thought it was usually only a couple of points?
    BTW, I got the "we'll contact you once we have processed your application" so I will await the bad news...

2. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

EIGHT points seems high. Is the inquiry the only difference in your CE report?

Could a statement balance on one of your accounts which was higher than last month have been reported recently?

3. recka

recka Active Member

My balances are actually lower, albeit slightly. But the one factor that may have come into play was I had one disputed account that came back verified recently. So perhaps this account was not being factored into my score while being investigated? I guess this would explain the loss in points...

4. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Recka,
    In my experience the disputed items are not factored in the score, at least with EX and EQ. I don't know about TU. If nothing else, disputing items lets you get an idea of what the negative is "costing" you in terms of score.

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Recka,

I recently lost 2 points for a credit inquiry via Creditexpert. Then 7 points for a second inquiry. Nothing else changed on my EX report during this time.

Jim