9-16-01 / State of the Union -Thank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Sep 16, 2001.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I really feel bad about my prior sarcastic post.

Everyone, here is how I REALLY FEEL:

Who cares what credit card anybody carries?
    Who cares if we don't get a bonus at work?
    I can't get a new car - who cares?
    Everything has changed forever.

As you all read my last post, America's Golden Gate Bridge has submarines and Coast Guard everywhere. The San Francisco Bay Bridge is surrounded.
    Military jets circles overhead. Our tourist attractions are closed.

NYC and DC were disgusting, horrible, unforgiveable.
    But it is not over. Terrorist attacks will continue.
    Out here, we worry because all of the initial planes that killed were headed for California.
    Now that the East Coast is in alerted condition; the West Coast can be hit most easily at SF, or Silicon Valley.

George Bush is a good man, and America is a great country. Colin Powell is brilliant. We will all make it through this with God's help. If God calls us or our loved ones, its OK. They end up at the next level where all is perfect.

Credit is important, but I clearly offended many viewers with my sarcasm. Now I am not sarcastic
    anymore. I may never be sarcastic again. Things are too serious - things are unspeakable. It's hard to breathe.

I tried to buy a flag of any kind in SF - none to be had, sold out. If I could be in the World Trade Center this very moment, I would help dig out the victims.

I have cried many times this weeks, as we all have. I am scared. I was very appreciative when our friends and allies - the Brits, played our anthem at the changing of the guard.

I will help America anyway I can - in whatever manner
    I can. It is the greatest country in the world and we will get through this. You people reading this are the greatest people in the world. You are my friends.

I have learned immense knowledge from this board. I will continue to wish you all well and be safe. Remember, be with your families. This is a critical time for the world.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you that read this. Thank you for your friendship, your advice, your respect and your tolerance over the past couple of years.

God bless you all!
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Signing off this board for the last time - you all will remain in my hearts! Dogman

2. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Wow, guess the hurt runs deeper than we thought...

We should try to continue on with our lives as normal as possible. Dogman has always posted this way , I admit to fool around with my post all the time.

Lets promise each other to be more lenient on each other the coming days. Don't take it upon yourself to be offended just because dogman referred to " that bitch using that crap providian card". He did not mean anybody from this board.

And quite frankly providian cards belong down there.... I have a getsmart card, but it's not the card I use all the time. I and others have done our time rebuilding or building our credit and have the right to feel good about ourselves. And as long as we don't single anybody out on this board and attack them personally , I think we should not take every single post so personally.

Lets direct all the rage and other bad emotions at the right forum, America attacked.

On a personal note, I myself felt very lucky, I was scheduled a appointment for some repairs at the WTC. I was lucky it was cancelled, otherwise that would have been it. It really humbles a person , Guess I won't be joking around anytime soon.

leo

p.s. dogman, don't wimp out .. take it as a man and come back to this forum. ARFFF

3. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

I think mayber we ALL are a little sensitive....considering everything.....

4. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

5. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

You don't know HOW lucky I feel.....

Still a little shocked...... the smell is acrid here in brooklyn, like plastic on fire.....

6. chelechele

Eww....My mom lives on staten island...she says..."there's a friggin battleship in her backyard...." I think she is a little scared....she said "I'm packin up and movin to the hills of Tennessee" she was kidding of course, but I know that I would be scared to be as close as some of you are

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SUBMARINES AND COASTGUARD IN SAN FRANCISCO BAY...

BY dogman...

8. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

Dogman DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE THIS BOARD!!!!!
    tml

9. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

thanks for giving me the chance to express my feelings a little. I really needed that.

I don't feel scared. btw I live 5 minutes from the verrezano bridge, the bridge connecting brooklyn to staten island. I feel sorrow, sadness. healing will only begin when the the people responsible for this attack pay for what they do.

10. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Re: 9-16-01 / State of the Union -T

Chelechele, tell your mom to avoid Tennessee. I'm in Tennessee, not too far from the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (www.ornl.gov). During any national emergency, our area is immediately put on full alert -- army everywhere, tanks, swat helicopters, you-name-it. Try Mississippi.

Doc

11. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I had a view of the towers and the Verrazano from my N.J. townhouse, all that I see now is smoke and the Verrazano. My wife says it smells and we are at least a few miles from ground zero.

www.creditsense.com

12. chelechele

lol...ok psycho... ;)

13. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

LOL, or perhaps lower Alabama. :)

Psycho

14. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Dogman,

You don't owe anyone an explanation for ANYTHING! Those were your words, spoken honestly and freely. We are all entitled to an opinion here and you know this. You have been on this board for many moons now and I have always enjoyed your *stories*.......just like you've enjoyed mine (especially the Am/Ex Black card one.......and NO it wasn't Home Depot.....man did that story change over time...it's like an urban legend now ;-)

What did I learn from your previous post? I learned that I need to work HARDER to achieve better credit. Getting declined when you are paying for something is the most embarrassing thing ever. All you were trying to show is that people need to get themselves in a better position credit wise so that they can dump these (as you call it) DOG-cards! We all know that you've been an honorary Am/Ex rep on this board from quite some time now and your post was merely a sheepish plug for Am/Ex's product with no pre-set spending limit, thus not having to really worry about getting declined over $50 bucks. You're point is noted. I personally have retired BOTH my Providian cards to the sock drawer. I'll leave them open and use them sparingly and get the annual fees waved every chance I get. They eventually will be closed. I have nothing against Providian. They gave me a chance and I'm thankful for that but I've maintained this since I've started posting on this board that after I start getting better cards, Providian is OUT. I don't care what fees they wave and I don't care how low they lower the APR.....they are GHOST! Why? For the same reason why no one would carry a CCB card even if it had a lifetime 0% interest rate and no annual fee. CCB is CCB.....just like Providian is Providian......bottom line. I want to carry cards that I can be proud of. Just like last night I couldn't believe the fact that my friend who at one point had (or still has?) an Am/Ex Gold charge was carrying a Capital One gold card in his wallet.......my jaw fell to the ground. How backwards is that?

As far as you calling the lady a bitch.....I am right there with you...maybe I'm the only one that understood??? I laughed and found your post rather entertaining....I guess that's my sense of humor. If I were in your shoes, I would of thought the exact same comment. For those of you who don't understand I'll try my best to explain. The word *Bitch* where I come from is used very loosely and has several different meanings and uses both good and bad (yes I grew up in an unfavorable neighborhood....this is my reality). So basically the word bitch was used in conjunction with the rest of the comment to put emphasis on the fact that she probably had a $99 limit ($99 limit being a sarcastic comment implying that her limit is probably fairly low).

Call it what you want...slang....ebonics....whatever. This is a reality to some people. I bought a new Coach bag that just came out and my friend saw it and was so jealous.....her exactly comment, "Bitch...no you didn't just buy a Coach bag"! My first thought wasn't: Did she just call me a bitch? My first thought was the fact that she was highly jealous. Now if someone just came up to me (in an angry way) and said F*** Y** Bitch! Then that's different.

In my head I've questioned several different comments by posters on this board. The bottom line is that sometimes you have to look past those comments to see the real message of the post. The sad thing is that sometimes the comments tend to go misunderstood hence focusing more attention on the comment and not the post. It's understandable. Apparently no one got the meaning of your message. O.k. fair enough...but the bottom line is that I'm going to do what I can to improve my credit rating regardless.

Dang....have we all forgotten the VALUABLE information that Dogman has provided us with? Dog...for what is worth, I'm thankful and I have learned a lot from you. I hope this really isn't farewell but if it is.......good luck and god bless you!

15. chelechele

I keep asking her to move back to Florida...ha ha Alabama...yeah where my alter ego lives....I wonder if she would get confused and visit the girl with my name?? LOL

16. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I'M NEAR ENOUGH TO N.O.R.A.D. BUT I'M NOT AFRAID...

17. chelechele

norad?

18. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT N.O.R.A.D. IS?

19. chelechele

I am in the middle of typing and watching my 8 month old baby...so, if I am not getting everything as quick as others...I am sorry

20. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

North American Aerospace (formerly Air) Defense Command.

N.O.R.A.D.

NEAR COLORADO SPRINGS, COLORADO.

UNDERGROUND
    HIGHEST SECURITY
    THE GUYS WHO TURN THE "KEYS"...

SEE WAR GAMES THE MOVIE.