9-16-01 / State of the Union -Thank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Sep 16, 2001.

1. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I've got the Navy in my backyard.

http://www.navy.mil/

Tell your Mom it's just my neighbors, who came up there to look out for her. :)

2. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

DOGMAN, DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE THIS BOARD! YOU DON'T WANT ME TO HUNT YO ASS DOWN AND DRAG YOU BACK, NOW DO YOU??? People are just bitchy right now because of what has happened. Tension is high, but they will get over it, so COME BACK!

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Jim,

You started this whole mess. Sure the new people here should have been surprised. But YOU should NOT have rushed to judge. Surely you have been on this BOARD long enough to not attack. Your ass has been attacked enough already.

I truly hope the great people with great advise like Dogman dont leave this board. Many of you who do post here dont have have much to say except complaining about your already trashed credit.

Dogman,

Creditnet has been a weird experience over the year that I have posted here. I hope when all the smoke clears that you will be here lurking and posting. YOUR story has been an incredible one. As I read your post and the responses, I just shook my head. I have been in your shoes. I knew there was an explanation. And I got your point without the explanation. I guess if you have a stick up your ass and are looking for sometime to complain about, you will find it. You are so right that there are more important things in life than credit. I will check this board from now on for your future postings. Dont let me down.

Love always Dog!

4. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Re: 9-16-01 / State of the Union -T

I'd like to comment seriously. But first, I want to say to Roni, even though I'm disagreeing, I hope I can do that without you or anyone else thinking that this is somehow a comment about you or anyone else. (Roni, you KNOW how much I appreciated your help recently and how much I respect you personally!!!) That said, I feel more free to speak.

I'm not buying the idea that Dogman is leaving because his feelings were so hurt because a few of us would discourage referring to women as "bitches." Dogman came back and explained his original posting; he agreed that it looked worse than he would have intended; case closed, I thought. No big deal. I've misstepped here a few times myself and have been nudged for it, and I've learned how to communicate better online as a result. No biggy, I'm an adult, and I can handle both negative and positive feedback. As far as I'm concerned, it's fine if somebody lets me know they were offended. I want to know! I'll probably come right back and explain myself as Dogman did, and I'll probably apologize too (as Dogman did, for that matter). Frankly, I was impressed with Dogman's measured and thoughtful response. End of story... I thought.

The next thing I see here is that Dogman wrote an obviously heartfelt and sad posting in a new thread about how he would never joke again, and about the recent terrorist tragedy, and about how terrible things are generally. Then he ended with a quick sentence about how this was his final posting ever. Surely Dogman is leaving for some reason unrelated to the brief conversation about "bitch" and the classy way he followed that up, for God's sake. As someone else who obviously knows more hinted on this board, he's leaving for other reasons which he has chosen (up to now, anyway) to keep to himself.

If, on the other hand, Dogman is leaving solely because he called a woman a "bitch" and some of us discouraged that, then that doesn't sound like the Dogman I've come to know and love here at all. I've known Dogman to be helpful, caring, intelligent, and funny. Frankly, when you come across somebody who blends intelligent AND funny, you've found a good friend... and when you can mix in helpful and caring as well... that's a fantastic person. That doesn't sound like somebody who would suddenly become insulted, grab his basketball, head home in a huff, and leave the rest of the team stranded without a ball. I'm not buying that at all.

Let's not keep going on here as if Dogman was accused of killing babies. This was a simple transaction between adults. The guy posted something that was, by his own admission, not fully explained. A few of us didn't care for the idea of calling women "bitches" and said so. Dogman came back and explained the rest of the story. Sounds like the woman was bitchy. Ok, no big deal. End of story. Except that it's not. Dogman decides to commit bulletin board suicide. A few others beg him not to leave, while others are basically saying that they call women bitches all the time, that it's part of the culture, and that this should just be a mainstream practice after all, and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...

Let's let Dogman be his own adult in this matter. It's a terrible shame if he chooses to leave no matter what the reason, because so many of us have enjoyed him tremendously and have benefitted from his presence here. But, hey, he's got his reasons. If he wants to share them, that's great. I'd like to know why. On the other hand, if he wants to keep his reasons private, then that's certainly his business, and I respect that. I hope Dogman wouldn't just up and leave over the word "bitch" for goodness sakes, but if that's his reason, then I'm afraid that this level of sensitivity would probably have resulted in his leaving sooner or later when someone else disagreed with him for something else. (Again, that doesn't sound like Dogman, so I'm not buying that.)

Doc

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Re: 9-16-01 / State of the Union -T

Dogman,

If you wanted, you could post about topics other than credit. For example, America (Under Attack, United, At War, Victorious, etc.)

6. river

river Well-Known Member

Roni,I want to say that I agree with your post 100% and Dogman is awsome. People, like the one you referred to, are usually an only child that never had to compete for attention and always have to be center of attention and whined if they weren't the center of everything in their life.Jealousy reveals itself in many forms and that was the case in their rebuttal against Dogman, who happens to be one of the most intelligient men that i have come across in this life form. Actually , between Dogman,you and Momof3,I have gained sooo much knowledge in my credit restoration. Dogman has been a great "mentor" for me in alot of ways and will continue to keep in touch with him thru e-mail.

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Ditto Roni:) But then again this was typical, actually expected.

River you spoke so kindly of Dogman and I know he appreciates that:)