9.9% fixed Elite Rewards from MBNA!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ron, May 3, 2002.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I just got off the phone with MBNA customer service. I requested them to lower my MBNA Elite Rewards Platinum Plus Visa. I talked to one nice lady from rate dept. She told me that my Elite Rewards will be lowered from 12.99% to 9.99% fixed for purchases and cash advances starting next billing cycle. She also told me they appreciated my business one of their valuable customer. I think it is lowest rate that I can get from MBNA. Even my Quantum Card doesn't have this low rate and my Quantum Rewards Card has 10.99% fixed.

Ron.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

...THEN THERE IS ME...

11.99% QUANTUM..."STUCK"

Many "NEW" people can get 0.00% BT/PURCHASES till 01/01/2003!!!!!!!!!

10+ YEAR customer~~~FORGET IT!!!!

My BT is 4.70% for like 2-3 months!!!

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: 9.9% fixed Elite Rewards from M

George,

My Eilte Reward Platinum Visa has 1.7% fixed BT thru October 2000 statement afterwards 9.90% for Cash advances,purchases,and checks.
    My account was opened since March 2001 and recently converted to Elite Rewards Platinum Visa. It was Barnes & Nobles Platinum Mastercard.
    Gerorge, give them a call to find out your Quantum Card qualify for the lower rate.

Quantum Rewards Plus MC 13.99% fixed ---> 10.99% fixed APR.
    Elite Rewards Platinum Visa 12.99% fixed --->9.99% fixed APR.

Ron.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CALL THEM??? I HAVE 10 TIMES???
    I HAVE FAXED 4-5 TIMES

I called again today confirming my "FINAL OVER-PAYMENT CHECK" has been mailed.

It has been mailed...
    "Anything else I can do for you"???
    MY ANSWER~~~NO, SINCE I HAVE BEEN TOLD TOO MANY TIMES THAT I CAN'T HAVE A CREDIT LIMIT INCREASE AFTER 6 YEARS OF NONE...AND I CAN'T HAVE A BETTER BT RATE THAN 4.70% FOR 2-3 MONTHS...(I HAVE A RELATIVE THAT GOT AN INVITATION FOR 0.00% TILL 01/01/2003)...AND NO LOWER "GO-TO" RATE...

She said they are offered on a case-by-case basis...she was sure I would get one soon...

I TOLD HER IT WILL STAY IN THE SOCK DRAWER COLLECTING LINT!!!

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Geroge,

It's a bad policy. Maybe close your account and reopen new account. So they can increase your credit limit or lower your rate.

Ron.

6. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Ron,

Did you carry a balance with this card in the last few months or always paid it off in full before getting the rate reduction ? I recently applied and got this card at 12.99% and I would like to get it lowered to 9.99%. I'm trying to find the quicker strategy: charge it a lot and pay it off OR charge it a lot and carry a balance.

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Steve,

I didn't carry balance on this card and my account has opened since March 2001. This Elite Rewards is converted from Barnes & Noble Platinum Plus Card. They lowered my APR based on one year of account payment history. I don't think they can lower your rate since your account is new. By the way, I used the card monthly and paid it off. 9.9% is the lowest rate that I have seen from them and my other Quantum Rewards has 10.99% APR.

Ron.