90 day same as cash??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Davidoj, Apr 30, 2001.

1. Davidoj

Davidoj Member

Does anyone know where or if there are places where you can get 90 day same as cash loans? DAVID

2. cable666

cable666 Well-Known Member

Sure, but for merchandise only. Many consumer electronic companies and stores (IE Mitsubishi and Circut City) offer such terms for their high end TV's and enterainment systems. I've also seem similar terms advertised by furniture stores.

However, if you are looking for cash, the best I can tell you is to ask mom and dad.

3. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Have you tried finance companies? They do unsecured loans.....or even your bank/credit union. I don't think I've ever had a loan that I had to make a payment on within 45 days..secured or not. So, you would be half way there, and a payment probably wouldn't be that much..........any bank,etc can make a loan's structure any way they want--you can ask them, it sure can't hurt.

AnnMarie

4. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I saw somewhere that having too many finance companies listed on your record hurts your creditworthiness. I am not sure if it hurts your FICO or creditor's internal scoring systems, but either way it is undesireable. I would be cautious and try banks or credit unions first.

5. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

There is no such thing for cash loans. Stores do this all the time, the going timeframe is 1 year.

www.creditsense.com

6. AnnMarie

I'm sorry..I didn't quite get that....and I'm on half doses of Vicodin today...maybe still too much? LOL....could you explain please?
    thanks
    AnnMarie

7. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

If I may, I believe he is just saying that these offers are for merchandise, not for "cash loans"...you get 90 days free from interest, as if you paid cash for the item. A typical one is something like this offer from Gateway:

Or you can choose the 90 days same-as-cash plan, which allows no payments for the first 90 days. If payment is made in full within those 90 days, no interest is owed on the initial purchase.

Something like that...I think what CD is saying is normally they do not lend cash and allow no interest for first 90 days...but I guess theres a loan everywhere with some kinda twist on terms.

-Dave

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

...BUT IF YOU PAY ONE DAY LATE (OR CAN'T PAY IN FULL)...INTEREST IS BACKDATED TO PURCHASE DATE.

9. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Also AM...

CHANGE TO ONE THAT YOU CAN TAKE THE FULL DOSEAGE OF!!!
    THE POSTS WILL MAKE MORE SENSE & YOU'LL FEEL BETTER..I KNOW I WOULD!!

FEEL BETTER ANNE

-Dave

PS - Sorry to borrow your thunder George :)

10. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

Re: Also AM...

Some finance companies will do almost anything with collateral or are you talking usecured?

11. Davidoj

Davidoj Member

Re: Also AM...

I have a house paid in full with a lot of equiety and would use it if it would get me a 90 day same as cash loan. DAVID

12. bbauer

bbauer Banned

90 days same as cash is usually found in high end furniture stores catering to the upper income class with excellent credit. It allows them an extra 90 days to draw interest on the money they have already spend. The wealthy virtually live in that principal. And that was one of the reasons credit cards were first invented.

Then credit cards started to be seen as a good deal for the banks instead of for the customer. It's gotten steadily worse ever since. For those of us who still use credit cards in the way they were originally intended to be used make pretty fair money doing it.

Bill Bauer
    bbauer1@netzero.net

13. AnnMarie

Hmmm.....I work in a retail furniture gallery and while I am proud of where I work, we are by no means the upper end you speak of and our clientel-did I even spell that right?-is "normal" people. Median income in this community is 20k.
    We have a standing offer from our finance companies of 90 SAC--it is very common. I think even Heilig Meyers is offering something akin to that. I also often see it at jewelry stores (that open accounts for most everybody) There are several other industries whose customer base is sometime even sub prime where they can benefit from a purchase plan sac deal.
    So....oh, we also offer 180 SAC and 365 SAC but suffer from a point discount when we do. But great for the customer!
    I'm in Arizona, maybe it's different in other parts of the country?
    AnnMarie