A 30 point drop in 3 days?!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ru4real, Aug 10, 2003.

1. ru4real

ru4real Member

NOTHING has changed in my Experian report, except 2 inquiries were deleted and an old incorrect /duplicate address was deleted. Somehow my score went from 692 to 662? None of my creditors has updated experian. In fact since they last reported I have paid all of my accounts down to a zero balance. I thought my score would go up!!

Any ideas?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RNG

3. allen074

allen074 Well-Known Member

fyi, check your negative factors - i bet one of them now says "YOU HAVE TOO MANY ACCTS"

i got this about 2 mos ago and lost 36 pts that day

this is the biggest SCAM factor out there cuz what they are saying is that the cc's you open in college should be the only ones on your report EVER

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

F.I.C.O. IS A FRAUD

5. allen074

allen074 Well-Known Member

i hear that george

they say "we want you to get the best rates, so shop around" however then they say "30 pt bump - SAME BUMP AS A LATE FREAKIN PAY" for having too many cards

6. faztcobra

faztcobra Well-Known Member

Possibly that ALL of your accounts are ZERO? I know I've played around with the FICO simulator on www.myfico.com and simulated paying down different different amounts on my credit cards. I've found that I "simulated" the best scores by having a very small balance on my cards, but it actually hurt my scores somewhat not to have a balance at all. I don't know how true that is - maybe someone can speak from experience.