A Citi story

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Dec 1, 2000.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

I've just spoken w/ Citi (the 301 phone #).

The rep was speechless for a while after noticing the number of applications submitted under my SSN... all declined for "insufficient established credit history".

She suggested that I apply for a secured Citi card. No way, I said, why would anyone w/ an Amex apply for a secured Citi. She concurred.

I then inquired whether they have a procedure similar to Amex's Structure Change, where foreign cards issued by the same bank are converted to US cards. They do have that, but one is eligible for it only if he already has the foreign Citi card for 12 month. I don't.

She took a look at my TransUnion report and concluded: Your credit history is good but too short. If you apply for the AAdvantage in 4 months from now and keep your report blemish-free, you'll get the card.

I believe it was Sorin who said he got the card after only 8 months of credit history. I'll try again on Feb 1st, and post the results.

If anyone feels like sharing, go ahead.

Saar

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Actually, My brother has had credit for 5 months, 1 parisian $500 one Macys @ 500, got a $2000 AA advantage card.

($55K/salary, flawless credit, low inq's)

My gf got a AA advantage, her first credit card was in August. Cap 1 $500 secured, and then got a macys $200 (now $500), and had about 10-20 inquiries from trying to get others, instant approval for $1000.

They ended up sending her a CLIK CITI AA, which pissed her off, she called back, and switched to Platinum Select.

Y

3. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

That's right, I've had my first Cap One secured in 9/99 and my Citi PLatinum Select in 5/00...
    But I didn't have many inquiries, maybe 6-7 in the previous 12 months.