"A" credit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by AnnMarie, Mar 20, 2001.

1. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

I've done quite a bit of reading on what "good" credit consists of.
    What do you think the "magic number" is? At 670, I was told I was below average.
    How many points are between me and that "A" credit status? Everyone seems to have different opinions. What I'm looking for is the realistic number for home loans, car loans, great CC offers, etc
    thanks
    am

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Annmarie when I began researching mortgages I was told by most every lender that any score above 660 would get me the best rate. I was also advised that any score above 660 would get me 100% financing as well.

3. AnnMarie

REALLY?????? WOW> *getting REALLY excited now!*
    We both have at least 3-5 negatives each on our reports. I feel really surprised that I could qualify for such great terms. Do you think that is really realistic? (mine 670 his 658)
    We want to move from Arizona to New Mexico---where we'll finish school :)and get PREGNANT! woo hoo!
    Any idea if it's that much harder to buy when you move as opposed to if we were staying here??????
    Life is looking really good......I'm still gonna wait until May to apply for a mortgage--I'm in the middle of my first dispute right now. (I haven't gotten ANY letters acknowledging my disputes from March 1!)
    Looks like we might be traveling this path together Momof3!!!

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

From what I have been told with your scores you should be fine. How old are your negatives and are they paid?? I have researched FHA pretty well and as long as your last 24 month history is clean you should be fine .

Also I have known people that have moved, as long as you stay in the same line of work that also shouldn't be a problem, people relocate all the time.

5. Dallas

Dallas Guest

Moving doesnot matter. Changing jobs doesnt hurt. The important thing is to stay in the same line of work. And maintain the same income. Have recent paystubs to verify your new income.

6. AnnMarie

My last negative (which I'm disputing) is a CC settelement from 9/99. I was an AU on the account. I will also be disputing this on my husband's report come second round. Prior to that I have a 30 days late in 5/98. The collection/charge off stuff is 96-7. All are paid in full and being disputed as we type.
    What do you think?