A Dispute Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by No Idea, Feb 2, 2001.

  1. No Idea

    No Idea Guest

    I have recently paid some CO and Coll Acct. off and could do much about getting them removed. I want to try to dispute them off.
    First thing is I need to wait till they are reported as paid. And what am I to dispute since they are accurate? What do I tell them the reason I am disputting them?
  2. sam

    sam Well-Known Member

    Tell them "ITS NOT MINE". If its not verified, boom. gone.

    but first, remove any previous addresses, if the debts are tied to the previous address , you stand a chance of removing it better.
  3. No Idea

    No Idea Guest

    None are tied to previous since I have been here for 13 years. Should I move first? hahaha
  4. hope

    hope Guest

    Should I wait till they report the payoffs?
  5. sam

    sam Well-Known Member

    what makes you think they are going to remove them when they are marked paid off?

    They may still verify them for the full 7 years..

    If they are going to verify the debt, their policy will be consistent (the collection place).

    Its important to negiotiate this kind of deal in writing before cash is sent anywhere.

    Don't be disappointed if they verified the debt paid. It's 99% as bad as having the debt unpaid im afraid to say.

Share This Page