A dumb question????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jamie, Jan 17, 2001.

1. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Are FICO scores automatically adjusted at the same time CRA's delete negatives from your credit report or is there a time warp?

2. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

FICO's aren't calculated until you apply for credit. They are calculated on the information that is in you're credit report at the time it is ran. So if you apply for credit after the items are deleted from the cb's computer, you will have an updated score.

3. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Thanks, I didn't know that.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

no it takes 3-4 months.

roni

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

wow, I didnot know that...thanks. my report should be skyhigh then.....lol

roni

6. John Shimm

John Shimm Guest

Bzzzzpt! Wrong!

Score is generated at the time the report is pulled. Whatever is on your history is what is used in the formula. They don't 'archive' scores and dish it out, ignoring what changes have taken place.

7. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Dumb Questions don't Exist

Roni,

It may take 3 to 4 months BEFORE the report will be changed in the computer, but AFTER the report is changed, there is no time lag at all. Anyone who pulls the report gets the updated information.

Instead of laughing at serious questions, we should try to give honest answers. In this case, Marvin equalled your usual standard of helpfulness, but you fell a bit short.

8. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

RE: Dumb Questions don't Exist

3-4 months to be changed in the computer? Then, what are the updates we receive? Aren't they corrected yet in their system or is the correction pending? If I successfully get items deleted today, receive an update tomorrow, do you mean my score would be reflected from yesterdays report? Sorry, I don't understand.

RichGuy, Sorry but your comment to Roni was out of line. Some on this board really need to lighten up. I started this thread because I truly didn't know the answer, and I, myself thought it was dumb since everyone talks about their "FICO" scores, I thought someone should know the answer to this. I haven't seen this addressed since I have been visiting this board for several weeks now. Ronis input is valued by alot of folks reading this stuff. I didn't feel she was laughing at my question. Sorry, Roni...:)

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

WHAT EXACTLY WAS I LAUGHING AT. FOR YOU INFORMATION, I POSTED B4 I READ MARVIN'S ANSWER.

THEN

I POSTED AGAIN IN RESPONSE TO HIS ANSWER WHICH WAS NO SARCASTIC. I WAS SERIOUS. I DID NOT KNOW THAT AND WAS ACKNOWLEDGING THAT.

YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO BITE MY ASS WITH. TO MAKE SOMETHING OF SOMETHING SO LITTLE. YOU WERE WAY OFF TARGET IN THIS CASE.

LEAVE ME THE HECK ALONE WOULD YOU.

roni

RichGuy wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Roni,

It may take 3 to 4 months BEFORE the report will be changed in the computer, but AFTER the report is changed, there is no time lag at all. Anyone who pulls the report gets the updated information.

Instead of laughing at serious questions, we should try to give honest answers. In this case, Marvin equalled your usual standard of helpfulness, but you fell a bit short.

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Who was laughing at this question?? Nobody here that I could see?? Usual standard of helpfullness and Roni fell short, what the heck are you talking about?? Marvin stated your scores are given when your reports is pulled and if the items are deleted then your score reflects it, fine answer to me and ROni was stating that it sometimes takes them time to update your reports, nothing wrong with that reply.

Mom

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Jamie.

Jamie,

I thought as you. I had read that many times on this board in the past. We get updated deletions immediately via mail, but the actually affect on the score isn't until later. But, I have no problem admitting that I was wrong. I didn't write a credit book. I was just going by information shared at this site and qualitycreditrepair. But you know what, the stage around here is getting too crowded. And because of that I am now pulling the curtain. Richguy where in the world did you get off. Just no reason for it at all. AND I'm on my period too......Not the right time.

roni......fade......

12. Saar

Saar Banned

RE: Jamie.

roni wrote:
    "AND I'm on my period too......Not the right time."

I believe RichGuy is entitled to plead ignorance for that particular argument.

Saar

13. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

OK kids, thats enough!!! I don't want to get blamed for starting this.

Sorry to all !!!!

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

He pleads....I bleed! Who CARES?

roni..

lol

15. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Jamie,

I wouldn't think of blaming you. Others can blame me if they must. Could they also consider what I actually said about the subject in question?

16. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Greetings, Mom.

"Usual standard of helpfulness" was intended to mean a factual and accurate answer to a question. Roni often provides such answers, and quickly. In this case, Marvin performed such a service.

Whether Jamie really needed it or not, I was concerned that she receive a factual answer to her question. As others have noted, the literal answer to her question was no time at all, since once the computer has been updated, that is the report everyone sees.

I think everyone knows that "lol" stands for laughter. Now it is true that Roni laughed not at Jamie's question, but at the correct answer to it. I still thought it could mislead Jamie, or any third party reading the exchange. Perhaps not. Perhaps the only legitimate objection would have been to the answer of 3 to 4 months, which was posted separately.

17. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Roni,

As a practical matter, you're likely to get your wish: "leave me the heck alone!" You post more often than I do, and this board moves very quickly, usually without me. I'm sure you'll enjoy many friendly exchanges without any contributions from me.

However, when I have something to say, you may hear from me again. For some reason, I feel entitled to post here.

18. roni

roni Well-Known Member

<B>WRONG,WRONG,WRONG<

VERY INCORRECT. You are trying to twist my words. My 'lol' was to my score being sky high due to all the inquires. Read it again if you have to. And this time stop trying to look for stuff. Your accusation was unjustified. You can not admit when you are wrong. An apology would be nice.

roni

19. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

A Final Statement

My post above is as close to an apology as you are likely to see, except for this: I do regret having upset you. I hope this board can be a source of joy for all of us.