a little advice

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by joseph, Nov 18, 2000.

1. joseph

joseph Guest

I have a couple of questions for the experts out there:
    1. If I am an authorized user and have the primary card holder payoff the existing balance and then close my card. Will it show a zero balance and stop reporting to my report?

2. I have a lot of little accounts 2 $1,000 providians, Capital 1 $1200, I also have an MBNA FOR $5500, auto lease payment and some mortgages. My question is I can not really get any high credit lines and think these are holding me back should I pay them off and close the accounts?

Everyone on this board seems very helpful. Thanks in advance for any help

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Yes it would show a zero balance, but I believe it will still be reported but it will be reported as a closed account, I am pretty sure if not I am sure someone will correct me:) Your credit lines seem fair, may I ask what you owe on these cards and are they close to the limits??

Mom

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Mom

Are your AU accounts showing on your report already, opened or closed.

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Mom

I am not an AU, my hubby is on two of mine but I have not closed them yet. I just think they would still appear but be marked closed, although I could be wrong?? Anyone??

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Are they on his reports mom. That is my question. Do au accounts appear on the Au's reports?

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Sorry missed the point of your question LOL. Yes both accounts he is an authorized user on appear on his reports:)

Mom

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks. I recommended that to a friend, and she became an authorized user on her mom's accounts.

roni.

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Yes I from what i have read at several other boards, AU can help your scores.

9. LadyC

LadyC Well-Known Member

RE: Authorized Users

I know for a fact that "AU" can help someone's score. That's mainly how my husband got established. It's not a big help if someone is manually reviewing your report, unsless it doesn't state "AU", some of our "AU" accounts, show as undesignated so they assume it's yours. But overall it's a big help.

10. joseph

joseph Guest

Thank you for your info. I owe Cap 1 $0, Providian $2000, and $0, United National $2000, any help would be appreciated

11. joseph

joseph Guest

Sorry, forgot to answer the credit line question the cards with balances are at their limit

12. joseph

joseph Guest

The accounts are still open, whats hurting me I think is outstanding debt. I have no lates just debt and inquiries.

13. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: authorized user status on

How does the authorized user account read on the reports?

Does it say, authorized user, or joint with xxx, or what?

14. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

On my husband's reports it appears with an "A" for authorized user.

15. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Your cards with balances are their limits?? If so than that may very well be why you are not getting any good offers, you may try to pay them down some, one method to use is pay the min of all but one, that one put a big lump some on every month until it's paid down and when it is do the same with the next one.

16. joseph

joseph Guest

authorized user. thank you for any advice you can offer