A Long Story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by need sone, Jan 11, 2001.

1. need sone

need sone Guest

I was a single parent and join the army in 93. When i completed my training i went to my first duty station. I purchase a new car, living room set, dinette set and two new bedroom set for my apartment. This was my first time out on my own. I never knew much about credit and I didn't know anything a budgeting. I put myself into so much debt. i was only a private in the army. making about 1200 dollar's a month. i had discover how easy it was to get loan's and credit so just about every week i was getting loan's purchasing thing for my apartment by using credit. soon i found myself owning more than i was making. i decided to file for a ch 13 bankruptcy in 95. I didn't talk to anybody before doing this (wish i had). i went straight to the lawyer he told me what i need to do and at the moment it sounded good. i just wanted to be debt free. my bankruptcy was discharge in 99. i would like to try and start over but i don't wont to put myself into this type of situation again. i pulled a copy of my credit report and it looks like this:

PUBLIC RECORD INFORMATION:
    BANKRUPTCY FILED 11/95 (CH 13)

COLLECTION AGENCY ACCOUT INFORMATION:

ATT LONG DISTANCE $100.00
    LAST ACTIVITY 3/95 DATE ASSIGNED: 8/97

MEL FINANCE $129.00
    LAST ACTIVITY 7/95 DATE ASSIGNED: 10/95

CREDIT ACCOUNT INFORMATION:

CO NAME DATE OPENED ACCT STATUS CREDIT

AAFES 4/94 PAYS AS AGREE $4150

BFCU 3/95

CASTLE CRED 6/95 INVOL IN CH 13 $1405

CITIBANK 5/94 CHARGE OFF $600

FIRST USA 1/98 PAYS AS AGREE $500

GULFCO FIN 2/97 CHARGE OFF $697

GULFCO FIN 2/95 INVOL IN CH 13 $1925

HARRIS ORG 4/96 PAYS AS AGREE $825

PIONEER LOAN 2/95 CHARGE OFF $1440

PROVIDIAN 10/96 PAYS AS AGREE $2238

SECURITY FIN 9/95 CHARGE OFF $160

SPRINGHILL 4/96 CHARGE OFF $32

WORLD FIN 6/95 CHARGE OFF $200

* These acct mark as charge off i filed in my ch 13 plan. i don't understand why they mark as charge off. should i try to disputed this or pay for them??

Any advice will be appreciate

2. Carrot

Carrot Guest

RE: A Long Story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should dispute them--it's far worse for them to appear as charge offs. Many times, creditors don't update the accounts to show they were included in bk. You might want to contact the creditor directly as well.

3. need sone

need sone Guest

How do i disputed them?

4. molly

molly Well-Known Member

You can get lots of info regarding disputes on this board and a few others ( I don't know of the top of my head). Also Carreon and Associates has lots of sample letters you can use as guidelines when you start a dispute. Remember, always send them certified with a return receipt. You can also buy a book that will also give you ideas. I'm sure someone can recommed something. And I am saying this just to give you hope, I have had 13 accurate negative items removed in 5 months ( I didn't have a BK though). Good Luck!!!

5. Carrot

Carrot Guest

Write (or call) the credit bureaus and tell them that their information is not accurate since these items were included in bankruptcy. If you decide to mail your dispute in, make sure you send it certified mail, return receipt. Here are some links to sample dispute letters. You do not want to use these word-for-word, but they are good guides to use.

www.americanloansearch.com/info-creditrepair.htm
    www.primenet.com/~kielsky/credit/credit.html

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

hey molly

if you are bored, want to meet in the room??

7. molly

molly Well-Known Member

RE: hey molly

sure

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: hey molly

i'm there

9. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

An Lawyer working on my sons credit file told him that debts incured while you were in the military are the easiest to get deleted. Just passing this along.

10. Nancy Klin

Nancy Klin Guest

Goddamn dawg, you sure got a lot of credit!

11. Amistad Da

Amistad Da Guest

Hey Need some,
    Been there done that. I was in the Army when I filed myself. I reconize Harris Originals (The Rippoff "Charge" Jewelry store in every mall in military cities and Pioneer. Pioneer is somewhat fair and very liberal with lending. Why didn't you file a chapter 7? It would have gotten approved. My chapter 7 was approved at less than $10,000 with E-4 pay. What you want to do is get all your reports. Get them directly from the company's. Trans union, Equifax and Experian. Not internet resellers. The internet reports ofthen lack vital information. Then write a letter disputing anything you see wrong. Send the letter ceterified return receipt. They have 30 days to respond to your letter. If this does not work start again. If you want you can go to junum.com and they will do this for you for a fee.

To the poster that said that military debts are easier to get removed? Whats the logic behind this? I don't understand. What the person might have meant was oweing the goverment is easy to remove off of the report because they don't get back with the CRA's in a timely manner.