A neat trick from creditwrench

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bbauer, Jul 18, 2001.

1. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Folks, all of you know how Equifax just loves to mess you up with demands for 2 or 3 forms of Identification and proof of where you live and all that.

Here is a neat way to get around those demands for info you might not want them to have. Even if you don't care, it's still handy because it cuts down on the amount of paperwork you have to send them and have to dig up anew every time you write to them.

I use it for every dispute with any CRA so that way they can't come back and demand more inof or more ID.

http://credit-bureaus.freeservers.com/craidpapers.html

Both documents you see are a full sheet of 8 1/2 paper even though the bottom one might not seem that way.

Enjoy

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Thanks Eugene, I mean Clarence. :)

Bill, you are a wealth of knowlege and experience. Stop giving away the CreditWrench leverage!

-Dave

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Nave:

The real leverage is not in little tips and tricks like that.

The real leverage is in being meaner than both the competition and the "enemy."

It's also in building and maintaining a system that works and keep on adding to it, knocking out that which does not work and constantly refining that which does work.

And it's also about building a community, not about selling a product or a service. That's true in any business. And it's also in building and keeping a business model. In today's world, it's almost become a war to see who has the best business model. Those who have the best business model are winning the corporate game both on and off the internet.

And it's also about really caring about the other person even if he never buys anything from you, trying to understand him even if he appears to hate you.

Companies who try to hide everything they do are doomed to failure from the git-go because hiding everything only builds distrust.

Anyway, there is always another new trick or new angle that hasn't been discovered yet. I find them all the time, so I'm not likely to run out of new ways to get things done. So if a little trick like that helps people, then so much the better. I've got a big two day seminar coming up the weekend of the 28th and people from all over the country will be there discussing newly discovered techniques in dealing with IRS and other legal remedies to such problems as we are dealing with here, so I'll most likely come away with a few new tricks and tips to use on the corporate bozos who think we are some kind of criminals just because we fell on hard times or missed a couple of payments.

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

There is something else we should all start to get worried about, and that is the apparent oncoming global recession, perhaps even depression.

It's getting rather painfully obvious that we are heading into a global recession of severe proportions. President Bush is now headed to a world summit over the problem on Friday when he meets with the heads of the other leading industrial nations in Genoa, Italy at their annual meeting on economic issues.

Argentina is in the throes of another inflationary spiral and that's having huge impact on the interest rates and hence the economies of just about every other South American country slowing down their economies drastically.

Maybe America can pull us out of it, maybe not. I think we can expect to see Allan Greenspan lowering interest rates here in the the US even more drastically than ever before.
    But most of the consumers in other parts of the world such as France, Japan, Germany and others are suddenly becoming tightfisted and are not spending.

That's causing even corporate darlings like Nokia, the cellphone maker to drastically cut back on their production in plants in Japan and Mexico and elsewhere. Seems that the cellphone market is just about saturated now and they have laid off over 3000 workers in various countries.

The story is much longer than that, but the obvious impact is that if the recession can't be turned around then those of us who are already well into advanced credit repair tactics are going to have to focus on cutting back on purchases and getting rid of debt one way or the other.

If push comes to shove, credit repair tactics are simply not going to cut the mustard anymore. It's going to take actually going after the creditor legally and making him eat the debt as I have been doing because if you can't get rid of the debt and you can't pay it off, then you are going to end up out on the streets.

If all the dire predictions come true, it's going to get to be a real dog eat dog world and we had better be well prepared.

We are not an isolated country anymore and what happens in other parts of the world can drag us down into the pits too.

Those I do research with are becoming so worried about it that they are just now talking about another "summit" meeting series which will deal strictly with the problem of debt and how to get it off our backs. It's pretty likely to happen, and naturally, I'll be there helping to put it together.

5. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

I agree with you Bill 100% with everything..!!

Thanks for your tips and supper advice!!

MartysGirl

6. bbauer

bbauer Banned

supper advice!! ????????????????????????????????

Call me anything you like, but just don't call me late for supper.

LOL

7. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

So Equifax does this with everyone? Just curious because they were the last disputes I was waiting on for my first round.

The disputes were sent on 5/31/01. Last week I get this stupid letter from Equifax dated 6/26/01 that states they want me to prove my identity and address. On top of that they use this as a stall tactic! I thought I received this because of my address change from my move in March, but now it appears that this happens frequently to others as well. I heard yesterday of someone that just got this letter and they were at the same address for over 10 years. This is wrong. It appears they are really in violation of the FCRA. If there was an issue with address, the letter should have gone out immediately to me upon receipt of the dispute, not almost after the 30 day reverification process.

Am I going to have to go through this each time I dispute with Equifax?

8. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Sorry Bill,

You Guys Have Got to Excuse me...!!

I teach gymnastics and cheer for girls (ages k-6) for the summer. I had a bad knee injury this Monday! Gotta love those Back Hand Springs...lol... So... now...I am taking Tylenol with Codeine for the pain.

To be honest.. I feel like I am going to sleep while I type this to you guys!!

So.... Please Over Look My Spelling...!!

MartysGirl

9. bbauer

bbauer Banned

MartysGirl

Hey, I just couldn't resist the temptation to have a bit of fun, a little chuckle.

I didn't do it to criticize your spelling.

Sorry to hear about your injury, but enjoy your Tylnol anyway.

10. numnuts20

numnuts20 Well-Known Member

none

deleted

11. bbauer

bbauer Banned

So Equifax does this with everyone? .

Am I going to have to go through this each time I dispute with Equifax?
    As far as I know, Equifax does it with everyone every time they send Equifax a letter or demand of any kind.

SOP, doncha know???

Now then, I don't really know for sure that the do hit you with it every time because they only hit me with it one time and I said to my self, "Sis on you Pister.I'm not going into your jackyard." And I "invented the method in the scanner photos you get when you click on the link in this post. I don't fool around with these bozos too much and I'm sure not going to give them any ammo they might use against me now or at any time in the foreseeable future.

I reasoned that they could not very well argue with my attorney when he makes a sworn statement before notary public, and I also figure it would make a kind of a veiled threat,

At first, I just sent in a separate sheet with the drivers on one and the SSN on the other, then I figured out how to do the blowup so they both come out on one sheet of paper and are perfectly readable.

Then I just made it my SOP to send the two sheets with my letters to any and all creditbureaus even if they never asked for it. That way I don't take any chances with them.
    I'd far rather spend 6 cents than I had to waste the money for the Certified mail and lose the time as well.

So I just started heading them all off at the pass.
    You gotta cover all their hidey holes or they'll slip out the back door on you every chance they get.

Make sense?

Do it. You will be glad you did.

12. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Bill,

You have way bigger gonads than me. You just posted some very personal information here. I certanly wouldn't want a reference to my home address and a copy of my drivers licence posted anywhere on the net.

Good luck. I hope somebody doesn't try to use this aginst you.

13. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Thanks for your thoughts, but my name, address and phone number is posted all over this internet in far more places than you would ever imagine or ever even find.

On top of that, I'm well known to just about every police, federal agency and state agencies all over this land. Most public officials of any stature whatever know me by name if by no other means and lots of them know me personally. That includes the FBI, the IRS and more.
    I'm not hiding from anybody and I'm not running from anybody. And anybody that tried to grab that info and do something malicious with it would find themselves having to answer some pretty tough questions in pretty short order. A couple of them have already tried that and found out the hard way that it was not a a wise thing to have done.

I do appreciate your concern and thoughtfulness however.

Bill Bauer

14. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

I just don't up with that crap from them. All of the CRAs have only had my PO Box in their files as my address for many years now. I just send them back a letter stating this and that I'm not going to provide them any further information and that their specious request does not exempt them from the 30 day time limit on disputes. If I have a fairly recent copy of my credit report, I will send in a copy of the first page (with the same PO Box listed as the address) and tell them in the letter that they didn't seem to have a problem the last time I requested a copy of my credit report, so there should absolutely no issue about communicating through the address of record they have for me, that they've mailed credit reports to already. After that, the issue just goes away. I guess they don't want to get another letter back with the words 'negligent', and 'attorney' in it several times.

I think they are far less interested in 'verifying' your identity than filling in holes in their database about you. I've always wondered why CRAs want to know your driver's license # anyhow, as it's fairly irrelevant as far as credit is concerned.

The other stupid thing is that with today's computer technology any one with a scanner can fabricate 'photocopies' of IDs and utility bills.

In some states it's actually illegal to photocopy your driver's license. Perhaps this is left over from the days when a driver's license was just a computer-printed piece of chipboard and didn't have your picture on it.

Recently I had an interesting experience in a furniture store with that. After we moved, we bought a new dining room set. I paid for it with my Amex Platinum. The sales person asked to see my driver's license. I keep it in a window compartment in my wallet, so I just flipped it open and showed it to her. No, I had to take it out. Well, okay, so I took it out. No, I had to hand it to her. She gathered up the paperwork and the charge slip and started to go into an office behind the counter. Excuse me, where are you going with my license? Oh, we need to make a photocopy of it. No, you are not, bring that back here right now!!

What ensued was a rather loud discussion among the asst. mgr and the manager of the furniture store and myself about the propriety of their policy. In Massachusetts there is a law that says that a merchant can not record the race or other ethnic or protected class identifying information of a customer for a credit card sale, nor can they put ID information on the credit card slip. What they were doing was basically trying to skirt this law but putting this information on a separate piece of paper to be kept with the credit card slip. I made such a stink, they relented, especially with a $4500 sale hanging in the balance that was about to walk out the door. I had my cell phone out ready to call Amex and have them do a charge back right then.

In situations where I know I'm going to have to show an ID, such as at the airport or at the bank to cash a check, I always use my U.S. Passport. It's a federal ID and only has your name on it and your picture. There is a place to write in your address, but you are not required to do so. As I live in a large city where many people don't own automobiles it's not incredibly unusual for someone not to have a driver's license.

Remember, it's up to you to keep you personal information out of the hands of data hungry, privacy invading, lifestyle profiling information brokers.

15. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Thank you for your post.
    Very infomative.

I think I just might take out a lot more info that's on that DL of mine and take off the name and any other info that actually says it's mine.

Same with the SS card too.

Not a big deal to do that and it still would be what it was intended to be which was just to show what the finished "product" should look like