A Positive Post :-)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Greg, Nov 29, 2000.

1. Greg

Greg Guest

FINALLY! I believe I have sufaced from the subprime world! :) I have closed all of my subprime accounts (except for Providian). I just could not close that account! I have been with them since 1996. It is a gold card with a grace, 16.9 APR and no annual fee. They have been extremely good to me so I could not close it.
    I have aquired:
    Nextcard - 6,000.00 9.9% fixed
    Providian - 7,000.00 16.9% fixed (for now)
    American Express Personal Account
    Bon Marche (Department Store - purely for a higher FICO score) - 500.00 21.9% (Yuck! But I never carry more than 200.00)
    and an unsecured cash line of credit from my credit union - 5,000.00 13.5% fixed
    I have closed:
    Capital One
    Orchard
    Merrick Bank
    Conseco
    Texaco
    FNANB
    All CRs show no derog information!
    It has been a long rebuilding process, but I feel that I am finally where I want to be with my credit situation!
    THANK YOU ALL FOR CONTRIBUTING SUCH WONDERFUL INFO ON THIS BOARD!

2. just curio

just curio Guest

Congradulations!Glad too read your post.Job well done.All you got to do is live within or below your means,and you will never have to worry about any future financial woes!

BLE

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

congrats.

Do you care to share your story with us? The good bad and ugly, and how you managed to get back to prime, how long it took ,steps. This would give us all some tips, ideas on the process, and hope:)

4. skip

skip Guest

Congratulations, inspirational!Tell us how you did it, as Sam says the good, bad, and ugly.

5. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Let me echo Sam and Skip. Please share your story. Where were you when the credit restoration process began and how long did your recovery take?

Thanks.

6. melmonette

melmonette Guest

Way to go!!!!! I hope I can be in your position too in the next few years. I am just on the road to rebuilding and so is my husband.
    Melissa

7. Greg

Greg Guest

Well, I had the biggest credit wrecker: DIVORCE. My ex-wife (joint cardholder) ran up the cards and then called and dropped her name off (ran up about 11k back in 1992). I could not afford the payments and was close to BK. But I settled with alot of companies, but the damage to my credit was already done. I started rebuilding with Providian in 1996. I just had to wait it out for those pesky "Settled for Less" derogs to expire.

8. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Greg,

Greg,

Congratulations! Restoring credit sure does require a lot of patience and perseverance, doesn't it?

Thank God your credit nightmare is over. I'm happy for your success and thanks for sharing.

9. Greg

Greg Guest

Thanks Everyone ;o)

10. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Great work!
    Now make some money with that credit.

http://www.creditsense.com

11. knock knoc

knock knoc Guest

ever heard of work ?

12. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Ever heard of not being a jack ass? What is your problem? If all you have is smart ass comments, go elsewhere because we don't need or want you>