a question about class actions

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Diogenes, Apr 3, 2000.

1. Diogenes

Diogenes Guest

i used to read this board fairly regularly, but haven't for many months. and my big rant in response to steven z's comments on providian's reformation brings up a question for me.

does anyone know whether any other credit card institution has been targeted by its customers and/or its shareholders (collectively or individually)... or by governmental agencies (large or small) in the same way providian has...?

this is really important to me, and i'm interested in anything and everything... no matter how local or obscure it may seem. and if such things have already been discussed here, and you can direct me to the thread (and maybe the month <g>), i'd be ever so grateful.

Diogenes

2. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

RE: a question about class act

Look up First USA on Bankone.com and elsewhere. There are about as greedy and slimey as a "prime" bank is about to go.

3. BOB

BOB Guest

Sorry John, Can't help you now. You can tell Rocco and the rest of the CCB Crooks that
    they will know as soon as they are served.
    But until then relax and enjoy shafting people. the majority of us want CCB out
    of the business.

4. Joseph Smi

Joseph Smi Guest

The majority of CCB cardholders pay their bill on time and don't have any complaints. It's the minority that are complaining and probably have been all their lives.

5. BOB

BOB Guest

Joseph, you are rite about the majority
    not having a problem. BUT the percentage
    of complaints compared with other lending
    institutions is unreal. I would think you could see on this board that only your fellow employees and 1 or 2 others have
    anything good to say about CCB. Look at
    the post about the other banks and you will see more positive posts than negative posts.
    If you can't see that almost everything on here negative is for CCB. Until CCB stops
    ripping people off they will always be at
    the bottom of the sub-prime banks. I would
    also think that if your a good employee you
    would talk to your superiors and see about
    changing the way you do business in order
    to become a respected bank. But because you
    work for CCB you only see one side. Put
    yourself in these peoples places, read what they have to say. Then see if there's
    something that CCB can do to change the
    public's opinion of them. But you will
    have to weigh both sides first. Not just CCB's side.