A TRUE CDN. SECURED VISA CARD

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Michael, Aug 11, 2000.

1. Michael

Michael Guest

Announced today in both the Toronto Sun, and on Cable Pulse a Canadian Finance Company is finally offering a true secured card.

Contact Home Trust Company at 877-569-6333
    or www.homecapital.com

I'm sure now all of the big stupid banks will now offer a similar product, just as they did when they all came out with the U.S. Dollar cards at the same time!

2. Alex - Cre

Alex - Cre Guest

RE: A TRUE CDN. SECURED VISA C

Thanks for the info Michael. I have a list of over 100 Canadian people that will benefit from this information!

Regards,
    Alex
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

3. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

Actually the article was in the Toronto Star http://www.torontostar.com/thestar/editorial/money/20000811BUS01c_FI-VISA.html

But I'm glad to see a company FINALLY stepped up and offered this service, cause sure as hell the extremely conservative and stodgy oligopoly that is the Canadian banking system had no interest and were actually cutting back!

As far as the banks jumping on the bandwagon hardly likely, for unlike the US sub-prime companies (I don't even call them banks) that have become rich by means of every low down, semi-legal, shady, crooked and outright fraudulent practice. All of this is outright banned and illegal in Canada hence not worth the trouble of dealing with those they consider 'undesirable'.

One thing this will do though, is elminate those shyster, wannabe, offshore entities that have been ripping off this group of people for years.

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

THX for this information. We have seen lots of our Canadian friends really needing a way to start again.

THE BOARD again helps so many people :)

5. Michael D.

Michael D. Guest

Steven,

Glad to see you put up a link to the Torstar site. I saw it in the Sun so I guess it has received a lot of news possibly across Canada.

I hope your wrong about the banks not caring about geting into this market, hey you never know they may do it just so they don't loose "Market Share"

Again I do point out to any person not in the U.S. that secured cards can be LEGALLY applied for with a ITIN and a U.S. Address
    with United National Bank, U.S. Bank, HSBC, Citibank, Bank of America, Calif. Commerce Bank, Banco Popular, and Chase.

THERE IS NO REASON FOR ANYONE TO GET RIPPED OFF FOR LIVING OUTSIDE THE U.S.!

6. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

Since the Canadian banks have conclusively demonstrated that they completely don't give a damn and want nothing to do with this market segment its gonna take a 'fat profit' on Home Trust's part before they emerge from their sloth and concern themselves with this "market share".

Michael, I wish you were around when I first starting looking for cards (in both countries). I was heavily considering both Providian and Cross Country Bank (they advertised like hell) until I found out the truth and was in standby mode desperately trying to find one good company while all the supposed 'experts' were bellowing loudly there was no other choice. Which was one more choice than what Canada offered thus leaving me no other option but offshore cards.

Fortunately, through luck and manipulation of the system I managed to obtain my card and broke through.

Again, what you say can not be repeated enough

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE STUCK WITH A RIPOFF CARD !