A Wells Fargo story

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Sep 23, 2000.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

Tryed to get a free credit report from Equifax. Negative: You have no inquiries in the past 60 days (hey, good news!).

I proceeded to apply on-line for a Wells Fargo MC, knowing from experience that they only pull Equifax's report (At least that's how it went last time). Although an "instant decision" was promised, none was displayed.

Now Equifax had a fresh inquiry from WF: Tryed to get a free copy from Equifax again - successfully. Called Wells Fargo to inquire about the status of my application. Rep said she would look that up and let me know of the decision. She then put me on hold and speaks with the credit dept. for 5 minutes. Verdict: Your application is still pending, will be further reviewed by the credit dept.

Anyone with similar experience been later approved ?

Saar

2. TOM

TOM Guest

online instant decision

The only card promises instant decision and real means it is Nextcard .Amex ,First Union claim "instant response " but a lot of applications go to offline process.As for Discover ,their "instant decision" is a joke.Even their rep admit the online application isn't instant.So your chance to get approval is great.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: online instant decision: C

Citibank. They gave me an instant decision for the reg. advantage card mastercard.

4. Pat

Pat Guest

I had errors in my credit report & was initially declined by Wells Fargo. I talked to a nice manager & faxed supporting documents to establish that the errors were in fact errors, and he approved the card. They were very cool people.