A year or so after my credit repair

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ohnostuck, Aug 26, 2003.

1. ohnostuck

ohnostuck Well-Known Member

Wow..what a year it has been. I started here with one of the worst credit scores posted on this website. This week I closed on a USDA mortgage at 2% interest. Yes that is not a typo...TWO percent. It would not have been possible without the help that I got here. I just wanted to say thanks to all of you that are still around. I have been very busy, but plan to be around a bit.

Thanks again!

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

2% FIXED???

3. Platinum

Platinum Well-Known Member

Hi ohnostuck,

welcome back after looooong time and CONGRATULATIONS !!!

4. ohnostuck

Well...kinda...as long as I do not go above the median income for my county yes...if for some reason I got 10% over (which I won't I would just work less) it can go up to what the prime rate when I got my mortgage (5% even)

5. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Big way to go (and hi!), ohnostuck. :)

Doc

6. madamewalk

madamewalk Active Member

Hi,

I'm being VERY nosy - but I'm curious - with what scores were you able to 'score' your mortgage?

Also, a 'USDA mortgage' ... I did a brief Google search but I'm curious what type of mortgage it is, whether it is available in my state/county (or what state/counties) and whether you could point me in the direction of other resources?

Thanks so much!

7. sassyinaz

sassyinaz Well-Known Member

wowOwowwwwwwww ohnostuck!!!!!!!!!!

Did you hear the THUMP when I fell off my chair?!

LOL, congrats to you, how exciting is that!!!!!!!!!

Sassy

8. ohnostuck

Sorry it took me so long to respond! Doc! I missed you hun! Everyone else too!!! My score is a 721...but they only used my hubbys and his was a 611...It is NOT score driven. You just can not have collections over 150 (unless they are medical). Anyway, I have not forgotten about any of you. I have been spending most of my online time at there.com. Check it out if chatting is your thing. It is as addicting as credit repair though! LOL

Again I wiss you all, even you Brown! ;)

http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/rhs/common/indiv_intro.htm

I can not believe that I forgot the link for the loan for the USDA loan. If you are looking for a mortgage and in a rural area (population under 25,000 I think) check it out. You may be surprised what is considered rural I am RIGHT outside the city limits of Ann Arbor Michigan and I qualified. My loan type was the direct loan. They let us JUST use his income which qualified us for the "low" at 62k (I think the limit for my area for "low" is 65k for a family my size).

Good luck!

9. moneyelf

moneyelf Well-Known Member

Wow! This gives me so much hope. I want to raise my scores, too (of course) and refinance my mortgage under my own name only (family help at this time). I really like hearing the success stories. They are so inspiring. I will look for the posted scores list ( if there is one) but if you don't mind, what was your score before? I am so happy for you that you made it into the 700 club!

10. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Congratulations and welcome back. I hope you stick around a bit.

11. delta29

delta29 Member

Wow!! Congrats!! How did you do it? I have gotten things removed from our reports and it is just inching up... at this rate we will never get above 600 let alone 700 lol

12. rhondak

rhondak Well-Known Member

THANKS ohnostuck! I'm checking into this. We definitely live in rural area.