AA 767 crashes in Queens

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Newcomer, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

They don't have any information. Only that it crashed in a residential area not far from JFK Int'l Airport.

2. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Lord, I have folks there. Better start the round of calls.

3. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

It was AA flight 587. It looks like engine trouble. Jeez, when does the bad stuff end? They're saying that the FAA knew that the airbus was having some kind of difficulty prior to takeoff, but they still allowed it to takeoff. I predict dire circumstances for the airline industry in the upcoming year. When you mess with 255 lives (apprx on board the flight) they deserve every lawsuit that hits them.

Dani

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

hmm reminds me to stick to delta.

5. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

I just flew out of JFK on Saturday. S'posed to go back in two weeks. Can't say I'm looking forward to it like I always did before. Just upped my life insurance by a million bucks. But still...

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Lets not make any assumptions here. While it still may be the airlines fault, all answers are not in and jumping to conclusions is just ...well, WRONG. Especially after the events 2 months ago. Lets grieve, pray and hope but not blame or point fingers until all the facts are in.

-Peace, Dave

7. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Dave,

I was just going by what the news said. And we can trust the news organizations, right? :) I don't believe it was a terrorist attack (my assumpation only). Our local NBC station, as well as, MSNBC have broadcasted all morning that it appears that the plane had engine trouble. This was according to eyewitnesses who saw the plane go down. In my opinion, no matter how you look at it, American Airlines put their passengers at risk - 1) if they knew that the plane had trouble why put it in the sky, 2) if it was a terrorist attack why wouldn't people searched more thoughly before letting an individual(s) come aboard with a bomb.
    The airlines (maybe with the exception of Southwest and Delta) have not shown to me that they care about the consumer. Remember not so many months ago before the terrorists attack consumers complaints about inadequate safety, service, and timeliness of flights. I am just tired of innocent people getting hurt (or killed) because of corporate greed. Profits before safety. My view is completely one sided and biased, but that's how I feel.

Dani

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

TWA FLIGHT 800 EXPLODED BECAUSE OF GAS FUMES IN AN EMPTY FUEL TANK WITH STATIC ELECTRICITY FROM WIRES...hysterical people saw STINGER MISSILES...

9. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

I always have had suspicions about TWA 800 being something other than the Government explanation.

Lots of info here:

http://hometown.aol.com/bardonia2/tapes.htm

"After four years the U.S. government, through the NTSB, the FBI and the CIA , attempted to convince the world that TWA 800 was lost by the explosion of its center wing tank from a phantom spark in low voltage wiring while failing to acknowledge that this same aircraft was struck by lightning on Good Friday, 1995 on approach to Rome airport. The right wing suffered significant metal damage requiring about 25 square feet of right wing tip skin to be replaced. The lightning traversed the #4 reserve tank, the #4 main tank, the #3 main tank and the Center Wing Tank. Lightning represents a multi-thousand fold stronger ignition spark than that which can be generated by any electrical source within the aircraft. The public was asked to believe that TWA 800 was downed by a low voltage spark from a source yet to be discovered, while a bolt of lightning passing through four fuel tanks including the Center Wing Tank could not achieve the same result and a lighted match would be extinguished if dipped into TWA 800's fuel."

10. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

George,
    I'm not hysterical but I am in the airline industry. Most, if not all, pilots still believe that a missile hit that plane. The government has been requested under the Freedom of Information Act to release information which they admit they have from Satelites but have declined to do so. Guess what the reason they gave was?

National Security.

IMO, they've got you snowed.