AAdavantage cards now world cards?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ero2, Aug 25, 2003.

1. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

I have been reading on here about the famous "BDD" at citibank and such, and just finished applying for the gold WORLD mastercard and then realized this is the one that nobody wants:-( This is the one that no longer reports limits, etc, right? I for the life of me could not find a citi AAdvantage card that said it did in fact HAVE a credit limit, am I missing something is this the only AAdvantage card left.

2. daveberk

daveberk Well-Known Member

ero2, I went to the website and it does seem that Citibank is offering only the world cards. It is true that they do not report the credit limit. There is a revolving limit though. It's just that there is no over-the-limit fee if you exceed it. Except for the fact that the limit is not reported, it is in all other respects a very good card. I've gotten alot of mileage out of it over the past three years. Customer service is excellent. It's also easy to negotiate a lower APR once you've had the card for a while.

After you get the card, you could move part of your credit limit over to another Citibank card to improve ratios.

3. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

I am fine with it, I have an amex charge that does not report and also I have a crap one that says my limit is 159 dollars when it is really 3000 and my scores are still around 700 so as long as they don't dip much below that I plan on keeping the card open. Thanks for checking it out for me too:)

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

BDD "WAS" AASILVER & AAGOLD NOT WORLD...

For some reason they DROPPED AASILVER & AAGOLD and are PUSHING THE AAGOLD WORLD

5. mel

mel Well-Known Member

Citi AA Silver was still available as an option as of this weekend. They asked me if I wanted to convert my Illumina card to it.

6. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

I just called and they said silver is no longer available, 3 reps, so should I cancel the card seeing as I don't need another citi card, I just wanted this one so I could fly AA for free but if it is going to hurt my credit sooooo much then maybe I should just call when I get it and tell them I am not going to activate it. Does my amex gold charge card hurt my scores this much too? Maybe I should close that as well? Now I am paranoid:-(

7. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

as far as revolving credit lines I have

chase 10,000 (payed off every month no balance)

chase 800 (revolving 400)

crap one 3,000 (sockdrawer forever, no balance)

BofA plat 5,000 (mostly for BTs since they gave me 12.99 go to, no balance)

MBNA worlpoints 3,000 (sockdrawer to help with ratios)

Optima plat 9,400 (card most frequently revolving on, but right now 0 balance)

best buy card 1,000 (800 balance)

one amex gold charge card (about 800 a month)

How much would this card hurt me, I could live with like 10 pts maybe but anything more and it will be cancelled before activation.

8. daveberk

daveberk Well-Known Member

ero2, it looks like you are overly concerned about the impact of the AA card on ratios. It won't affect them that much if at all. For one thing, you are likely to get substantial credit line increases on the worldpoints and the B of A cards since these banks have a reputation for that. If there is anything hurting your score right now it is the small but high percentage balances you have on your Chase and Best Buy cards. Paying $1200 bucks on these would probably give you a hefty score increase, not that you need one that much. Your scores are very good as they are.

9. mel

mel Well-Known Member

Re: Re: AAdavantage cards now world cards?

I don't think it is available as an application card. I think you need only convert an existing card to AA Silver.

10. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: AAdavantage cards now world cards?

Okay, just got off the hone with citi approved for 4,000! I am excited. Now my only question is,if I indicated that I don't already have a FF membership with AA they will create one for me right? I have decided I am not going to worry to much about my ratios and hope for the best and see what happens as I will be paying off both of those cards this month:)

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: AAdavantage cards now world cards?

AA NUMBER IS REQUIRED...so if you don't have one...ONE IS CREATED for you with AA..."IF" YOU WANT TO YOU CAN SIGN UP ON-LINE...you "MAY" even get 1,000 miles for doing so...

www.aa.com

12. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: AAdavantage cards now world cards?

You could convert this card to another one (Like Plat Select or Dividend plat) or you can merged this credit limit with the other citibank card you already have.