AAdvantage Denial

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by danrs, Jun 19, 2001.

1. danrs

danrs Well-Known Member

I took a chance and applied for the Citi AAdvantage, the silver one everyone was talking about some time back. I've got a 697 equifax (who I'm told they pull), with one negative, 6 years 8 months old currently in dispute, an unpaid 220 charge off.

After applying, instead of getting an "instant" response, I got

"As soon as your application is processed, we'll send the results to the address you submitted on your application."

I'm guessing denial? Any info appreciated.

Dan

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I don't think they're handing them out like they were for a while there. Must've reached their quota ;)

Try the clic citi - it's easier to get, and gets you "in the door."

breeze

3. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Dont worry. I got the same response from Citi. Then I was approved for the Citi World Gold Master Card.

My scores were lower than yours, I believe that I had a 660 w/ one negative paid collection from 1995.

So dont worry, you will get approved

Good Luck

4. john

john Well-Known Member

Two months ago my 599 got me a Click Citi with $5,000(500 cash advance) limit.

Last week my new and improved 620 got me AA card with 6,000(6,000 cash advance) limit.

They use an internal scoring formula but with a 697 you should be just fine.

I thought it was strange they ask what kind of car you drive. I drive a BMW so maybe that helps..lol. If you drive a Hyundia (sp?) you might be out of luck.

5. danrs

danrs Well-Known Member

Aw heck, just found out via my 30 day trial of Experian credit expert, they pulled experian. I have a 6 year old repo w/3200 unpaid charge off on experian as my only negative on that report. My experian "score" is 667. I imagine that large of a charge off will kill it for me.

But, I'll keep my fingers crossed, who knows. At least that is now my only inquiry on that report, and equifax is still clean on inquiries, so I imagine the inquiry won't hurt much at all.

thanks for the responses,

Dan