Ability to add 2nd cc at Providian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mirage, Sep 28, 2001.

1. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Providian has finally figured out on how card holders can view
    a second cc account online.

Just log in to your first account and there at the top of the
    page will be a drop box asking you to register your second
    cc info.

Best regards,
    Sam

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Thanks!! Just tried it - works fine. :)

3. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Who in there right mind would want another account with them..One is enough......

4. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Finally "upgrading" their system while "downgrading" customer satisfaction.

Sister Girl

5. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

THANK GOD! It's about time they get that up and running, I was raising hell with them! I guess my griping finally paid off!

6. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

lol...after putting up with this for nearly a year, I closed my second account last week!!! Good timing, huh?

If the VISA weren't my oldest account, I would close it too because of their change in attitude over the past few months.

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Out of right mind, I'm afraid.

When they gave it to me, I was happy to get any credit card at all. They are the ones who helped me rebuild.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. ;)

8. matty61184

They have been very good to me. I complained about the interest rates on my GetSmart classic, and it was first lowered from 23.99 to 19.99%. Then I complained again, and it's now down to 16.9%. It just takes a little work. I think the company is a good one, except for charging for credit line increases. I've gotten around that though. :)

9. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

FYI....

O.k cool......I just added my second Providian account.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION....

When I was adding the account, it asked account number, name (exactly as it appears on your card), and mother's maiden name. Well I entered my name like this:

Jane S. Doe

and it wouldn't register it. Then I decided after numberous times to take the (.) out and it worked. So just a heads up...

10. jsever

jsever Well-Known Member

I must be out of my right mind to ... they helped me get started, and things have improved creditwise since. I'm glad they finally got it working. I like the format to. It's simple and easy to follow, large type sizes, etc.

11. SD

SD Well-Known Member

Thanks for the useful info! I just added my 2nd account. I like the fact that you only need one username and password to access all the accounts
    (I have two Cap One accts and I had to register those cards separately).

12. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

So here's a silly question:

How do you get 2 Providian accounts, (or rather) how long should one wait after to apply for a second account?

Deb

13. matty61184

You have to wait at least 60 days to apply in between for Providian accounts. You will automatically be declined and have to start over another 60 day period if you apply anytime before the 60 days.

14. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

They sent me a letter asking me if I wanted another one.

15. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

Thanks Matty & Breeze..

Matty: Did they do a hard inquiry or base it on your previous performance w/Providian (I have a GetSmart, 4 mos old with no lates and 200% above min payments-- pay'd down to 0 twice)

Breeze: How long after your first did you get the invite for the second?

Thanks again!
    Deb

16. SD

SD Well-Known Member

Hi Deb,

I've had my Providian Visa Gold since 11/00. I received an offer thru the mail for a $1K Gold MasterCard about two weeks ago. Sent it in last week.

17. matty61184

Deb, I applied and they did another hard inquiry. I never asked if they based my other account history on the decision, but I would assume their system knows you have a card with them. You might be able to call them and get them to do a a "soft" or no inquiry to get you another account.

18. nj_newbie

nj_newbie Well-Known Member

Boy, am I am glad that they fixed this. It was really frustrating to pay one bill online, then have to mail a check out for the other.

Now the only cards that I can't pay online is my Lane Bryant and Newport News. Hopefully they are next.

NJ_newbie

19. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

NN is FCNB - you can't pay it online but you can now check your account online. Perhaps online payments will come soon.

20. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

Can you see the providian m/c? I tried to add that account and it didn't do a thing. Maybe it can only be the visa accounts. Anyone able to add there providian m/c to access online.