About email....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ShotCredit, Apr 2, 2001.

1. ShotCredit

ShotCredit Guest

hey, y'all.....
    I have a question about email.

I have never applied for a credit card online and none of my old creditors have my email address.
    So how do I keep getting emails about guaranteed approved credit cards? And emails that say things like "create a new credit profile in 24 hrs - 100% legal"?
    Anyone else get this stuff in their email and how do these companies know just how bad my credit is????
    ShotCredit

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NEW SS# ILLEGAL

JUST F.Y.I. ~ New credit profile involving new SS# is illegal.

There are many ways to get e-mail lists...

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Re: NEW SS# ILLEGAL

Any time you put your email address out on the internet for anything there is the potential to get on one of these mailing lists. If you EVER verify your address in any way (for example, replying to a message or by using an unsubscribe option) you will get even more spam mail.

The best thing to do is to get a hotmail or yahoo account and use that address for anything requiring you to enter an email address on the web. Don't use an in-the-clear address as a reply-to for any mailing list to which you subscribe that might get archived on someone's web page. There is automated software that searches the internet and logs any email address found on web pages.

Again, I can't tell you too many times, NEVER NEVER take advantage of any "unsubscribe" option you see in an unsolicited email message. All you are doing is confirming the address is valid and that someone takes the time to read email sent there.

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Python

Spam spam spam spam...Listen to DaveLV!! He is 100% correct.

Also never post your "non-freemail" email address on bulletin boards like this one.

-Dave